That PESKY WARZONE!!

Hey All,

I have literally done ENDLESS testing and thought I had found the fix for me etc and then it lasts a couple of days... and then the LAG BEGINS!

So my issue is, My Warzone game chooses weather or not it wants to lag.. ID say 95% of the time it LAGS, then 5% it does not. This is SO OBVIOUS as my Hits to Kill dont register, I'm approx 2 seconds behind, I shoot first die first.. The full shabang! 

When I play and it LAGS i get 1-2 kills... Struggle like mad, low DMG..

When i play and it DOSENT LAG i have a daily KD of 4-5, hits are hitting smooth and nice, I smash the game... 

Both examples are in Diamond Lobbys, at 6:30pm - 22:00pm normally, except today 12:30am - 14:40.. So i don't really thing its time specific at all. 

I have tried the 'Lag Compensation' strategy of lowering my internet with my XR700 to 1% on DOWN and 1% on UP. THIS WORKED.... For about 4hrs, then it began to LAG BAD!!! Then today again BAD LAG!!

I have changed everything, tried new router, new wires... Full shabang, only thing i havent changed is 

1) Huawai Modem - This is owned by BT as i have fibre to the property 1000mbps down and 120mbps up  

It runs from BT, into my Modem as fibre, then a CAR6 to the XR700 then a CAT6 to my PC

2) The PC - This cost £2000 is a I7 10800k, rtx 3070, 32gb RAM 3200

I cant obviously replace this as its expensive...

Is there anything anyone knows how to fix it perm, also is there anything maybe that can Monitor my PC performance and my Internet performance to see if when it lags the data is different to when i don't lag and see if i can narrow down the issue that way?

I have tried changing my DNS to both 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1 

I have tried Limiting my Internet to 9mbps down and 1mbps up

I have tried bufferbloat slider at 70%, 80% etc and to Never

I have put my PC into the IP

I have opened Ports

I have deleted and formatted my PC and just had warzone installed

My GF dosent say she can feel anything when she plays, but she wouldnt be able to notice anyway i dont think.

I really want to take COD into PROFESSIONAL.. as i am good enough.. in the 10% of games i get to play...

Please help! 

Cheers

Dave

• Administrators

What ping are you seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game on average when you notice the lag? I assume all devices are connected to the XR? 

What are your paid for/expected speeds?

Are you using Traffic Prioritization? Where abouts are you located?

MW19 has been running like crap for me for weeks now and it seems to be getting worse.

Aim assist seems weaker, sometimes not there at all... I used to play on 19/19 sens but now for some reason thats far too high.

Shoot first die first happening alot more than before.

I lagged out of a couple of matches last night and thats never happened once since the game has been out for me.

Nothings changed my end so I put it down to their servers.

My ping is LOW in game, I get like 14ms Ping! Even when its BAD LAG..

I pay for 1000mbps Down and 120mbps Up

Its like now ive set my buffer to 40% and split the internet to 33% between 3 devices. Giving my gaming PC 100mbps Down and about 30mbps Up... This atm seems FINE, dunno how long it will last because previously ive messed with settings its become fine then couple days later messes up haha! 

I have the same shit, but i think it is agressive lag comp and cheap servers because of dwinling player base, the game is not fun to play anymore with the huge number of cheaters/cronusmax users, so the casuals have left it or are leaving it.
I used to play every evening with my friends but we play once maybe twice a week now. 

• Administrators

CoD servers do not respond to traditional pings which is why they end in packet loss, it's not true packet loss. Does the graph at the bottom of the twitter one show red bars? If not then you can ignore the packet loss on the hops.