Bad connection

Mike23

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're going to use bridge mode then it should be used on the port the R2 is connected to otherwise you won't get internet. If you have an open NAT through the NAT without bridge mode then it isn't needed.

ok but by default is the lan4 is the to  bridge mode and when i conect the R2 it loose the internet connection and the  diferrence is that in bridge mode the nat type is 1. Since Liam said that tip i have nat type 2 open

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

ok but by default is the lan4 is the to  bridge mode and when i conect the R2 it loose the internet connection and the  diferrence is that in bridge mode the nat type is 1. Since Liam said that tip i have nat type 2 open

NAT Type 2 is open so no difference to NAT Type 1 other than you're connected to a router. What port on the ISP router is the R2 connected to?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

NAT Type 2 is open so no difference to NAT Type 1 other than you're connected to a router. What port on the ISP router is the R2 connected to?

The R2 is on port 1

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you bridge the modem to port 4 then no other ports will get internet. If you are going to use bridge mode then change it to port 1, otherwise no need to enable it.

But the other ports have internet with brige mode on, the issue is that connection on bridge mode pass to the ps4 and when i plug the R2 it looses the connection

11 hours ago, Mike23 said:

But the other ports have internet with brige mode on, the issue is that connection on bridge mode pass to the ps4 and when i plug the R2 it looses the connection

What's the exact make and model of your modem? Could you perhaps provide a screenshot of what you're seeing with regards to the bridge ports?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What's the exact make and model of your modem? Could you perhaps provide a screenshot of what you're seeing with regards to the bridge ports?

Ok here it goes: Fiber Gateway MEo GR241AG( you can see it on the top left in the photos). I sen 2 photos, 1 with brige moe off and another with brige mode on). Thanks

Modo brige off.png

2021-03-24 (1) Modo bridge on.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Based on this link if you want to enable bridge mode you will have to connect the router to port 4 to get internet

https://www.kbase.pt/fibergateway-meo-configurar-em-modo-bridge/

Ok thanks for the info. I saw the link, and it says to conect to port wan  of 2 router that u want to use, this last needs to have DHCP Client\Automatic IP active to receive the IP of the conection of internet. I dont know how to do it. Putting DHCP client |automatic IP

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

Ok thanks for the info. I saw the link, and it says to conect to port wan  of 2 router that u want to use, this last needs to have DHCP Client\Automatic IP active to receive the IP of the conection of internet. I dont know how to do it. Putting DHCP client |automatic IP

It is already set that way so you just need to connect them together, activate bridge mode and you're good to go

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is already set that way so you just need to connect them together, activate bridge mode and you're good to go

In a few minutes i will try, then i give you the feedback.Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Is not working. I loose connection of internet

Edited by Mike23
complete the phrase

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You will probably need to reboot the R2 after you've done it. If you require PPPoE for a connection for example you will now need to enter that in the R2 if you're using bridge mode.

Ok, its done.  But Now the nat type is moderated because changed the wan ip in the R2. i put the new wan ip on the dmz router but continued moderated

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

Ok, its done.  But Now the nat type is moderated because changed the wan ip in the R2. i put the new wan ip on the dmz router but continued moderated

Was that before or after the reboot? If before you'll need to reboot again most likely. Also where are you reading the NAT status?

Was that before or after the reboot? If before you'll need to reboot again most likely. Also where are you reading the NAT status?

after the reboot and its appearing in the call of duty game

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The in game reading can be incorrect. If you quit the game completely, disable the Geo-Filter, then boot it up again does it appear open?

Hi again it appears open. I reboot it twice. Lets see if after all this changes i can have  a good ping and goood game experience. Thanks for everything and sorry for the trouble

2 hours ago, Mike23 said:

Hi again it appears open. I reboot it twice. Lets see if after all this changes i can have  a good ping and goood game experience. Thanks for everything and sorry for the trouble

OK great, thanks. It may just of been Geo-filter causing a false reading, re-enable geo-filter and check if it's back to moderate.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK great, thanks. It may just of been Geo-filter causing a false reading, re-enable geo-filter and check if it's back to moderate.

The connection seems to be better but don appear nothing to me in the geo-filter. In traffic priorization put Duma classified games a nd games console at the same time?= wich is better?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

The connection seems to be better but don appear nothing to me in the geo-filter. In traffic priorization put Duma classified games a nd games console at the same time?= wich is better?

What do you mean regarding the Geo-Filter? You only need one or the other of those rules being used, it's up to you which you want to use.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean regarding the Geo-Filter? You only need one or the other of those rules being used, it's up to you which you want to use.

Ok regarding to traffic priorization exists a difference because in Duma os by default you cannot put aplly to wan and in games console you have that option. In geo -Filter i will send a photo( for a while didint appear nothing( servers, players, blank

2021-03-25.png