Bad connection

Mike23

Hi i have a R2 and at the best do my knowledge i use geo filter, Qos Traffic controller,every tools at disposal, but still dont have a good game experience. It lags and sometimes freezes in the shootout 

Can anyone advice me regarding this issues. Ive got fiber connection, 500 megas>(just to say that the isp connection is average)

Edited by Mike23
A phrase was not well writen

Hi sorry to respond so late.

So lets go. In geo filter i have 1000km of area near my country that is Portugal( It gets Spanish servers,French,english, german and italians servers9 an in QoS i have the auto-setup, that gives my 100% download-70% upload. I also put in traffic priorization games console, with gaming/voice( i dont know if ist better to choose WAn or not) I play call of duty - Warzone

Boas Mike, tb sou de Portugal e tenho o Xr500, acabei de encomendar o r2.... Quando jogo destiny o jogo por vezes é estranho no pvp, no cod estou sempre atrasado tanto quando tive Vodafone como agora que tenho a meo!na Vodafone tinha 1gbs de net e na meo tenho 500mbs, upload tenho 100megas 

@Mike23 Thanks for getting back to me! I'd suggest setting your QoS sliders to 70% each initially and see how you get on. 

With regards to the NAT type, could you please make a note of your R2s WAN IP (found in System Information). Then connect directly to your ISP modem and find the DMZ settings, put the R2 WAN IP in here. I'd also suggest reserving that IP for the R2 so you don't need to do this again.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Antônio said:

Boas Mike, tb sou de Portugal e tenho o Xr500, acabei de encomendar o r2.... Quando jogo destiny o jogo por vezes é estranho no pvp, no cod estou sempre atrasado tanto quando tive Vodafone como agora que tenho a meo!na Vodafone tinha 1gbs de net e na meo tenho 500mbs, upload tenho 100megas 

Boas tudo bem.desculpa so agora vi o post. Sou membro ha pouco tempo. sim eu tb tenho o mesmo problema, perco confrontos porque da para ver que o outro jogador tem tempo para tudo( e não é skill, é mesmo ligação), muitas vezes estao de costas e ainda se conseguem virar.  Por isso tento optimizar a minha ligação, não para ter vantagem, mas para ser mais justo

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

Boas tudo bem.desculpa so agora vi o post. Sou membro ha pouco tempo. sim eu tb tenho o mesmo problema, perco confrontos porque da para ver que o outro jogador tem tempo para tudo( e não é skill, é mesmo ligação), muitas vezes estao de costas e ainda se conseguem virar.  Por isso tento optimizar a minha ligação, não para ter vantagem, mas para ser mais justo

Have you been able to try Liams suggestions to see if they help?

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

@Mike23 Thanks for getting back to me! I'd suggest setting your QoS sliders to 70% each initially and see how you get on. 

With regards to the NAT type, could you please make a note of your R2s WAN IP (found in System Information). Then connect directly to your ISP modem and find the DMZ settings, put the R2 WAN IP in here. I'd also suggest reserving that IP for the R2 so you don't need to do this again.

Hi again

.It was a very good tip(put the R2 WAN IP in DMZ mode on my router). If u have any more tips free to share. Once again thank very, very much

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you been able to try Liams suggestions to see if they help?

Hi how are you?

Yes, i tried also to configure the QoS and Geo-Filter. Lets see what happens. One question on traffic priorization i put TCP\UDP 1 to 65535 and in traffic controller i also put the same configuration( in same games it looks good and in others stays laggy) any advice regarding this?

11 hours ago, Mike23 said:

Hi how are you?

Yes, i tried also to configure the QoS and Geo-Filter. Lets see what happens. One question on traffic priorization i put TCP\UDP 1 to 65535 and in traffic controller i also put the same configuration( in same games it looks good and in others stays laggy) any advice regarding this?

Could you provide screenshots of these rules so we can see their full configuration? Are the rules detecting traffic?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you provide screenshots of these rules so we can see their full configuration? Are the rules detecting traffic?

Yes sure. And the rules are detecting traffic. Liam thanks again for the wan advice

2021-03-17 (1).png

2021-03-17.png

Hi Fraser, no im not worried with other devices potentially experience lag. I want to be competetive in online games. When you say that im prioritazing too much its because i put the games console in traffic priorization at the same time as Dumas classified games. Do you  think that is conter-productive

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

Hi Fraser, no im not worried with other devices potentially experience lag. I want to be competetive in online games. When you say that im prioritazing too much its because i put the games console in traffic priorization at the same time as Dumas classified games. Do you  think that is conter-productive

Yes and you are also prioritizing every single port and allowing all ports with Traffic Controller which may impact how well the Geo-Filter can work

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes and you are also prioritizing every single port and allowing all ports with Traffic Controller which may impact how well the Geo-Filter can work

Ok i will erase the tcp\udp from traffic controller. One thing in traffic priorization is good to have Dumas os classified games and games console at the same time( and in games console -gaming/voice appLy to wan)or not. What is supposed to apply to wan do? 

2 hours ago, Mike23 said:

Ok i will erase the tcp\udp from traffic controller. One thing in traffic priorization is good to have Dumas os classified games and games console at the same time( and in games console -gaming/voice appLy to wan)or not. What is supposed to apply to wan do? 

Apply to WAN essentially appends the same priority tag as traffic goes upstream, there's no guarantee your ISP will recognise this or do anything about it, but sometimes it's worth doing! 

21 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Apply to WAN essentially appends the same priority tag as traffic goes upstream, there's no guarantee your ISP will recognise this or do anything about it, but sometimes it's worth doing! 

Ok thanks and regarding put Dumaos classified games and prioritize games console at the same time. Good, bad or so so

Edited by Mike23
Continuing

On 3/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Antônio said:

On 3/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Hi aother rechnical question. i Have bridge mode on port 4 and it works directly on  ps4 with nat type 1 but when i conecto on duma router i dont have internet signal. How can i fix this

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mike23 said:

Hi aother rechnical question. i Have bridge mode on port 4 and it works directly on  ps4 with nat type 1 but when i conecto on duma router i dont have internet signal. How can i fix this

Is the bridge just to port 4 or did you specify a MAC/IP address as well?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The option on isp router is only to put bridge mode dont ask for mac/ip address

On 3/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, Netduma Liam said:

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I assume the R2 is connected to another port? If so that is why - you're bridging the connection to port 4 so no traffic is being passed through the port with the R2 connected

The R2 is on lan(port)1 and by default when you put brige mode is lan 4. In your opinion is better to take off the bridge mode of lan 4?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Mike23 said:

The R2 is on lan(port)1 and by default when you put brige mode is lan 4. In your opinion is better to take off the bridge mode of lan 4?

If you're going to use bridge mode then it should be used on the port the R2 is connected to otherwise you won't get internet. If you have an open NAT through the NAT without bridge mode then it isn't needed.