Delivery Date? Update?

B VR

I'm in BC Canada. If you're now telling me that being on an hour away from the Washington State border is limiting this unit as being of any use, well that would have been good to know. I have excellant internet svc, 1G up/down btw..

No other way to put it other than everything I see is very erratic and rng.. I had Filtering on, couldn't connect. Disconnect and then all of a sudden the icons (mostly useless ylw icons) start showing up and and then disappear. None of the icons I see remain static either.  You didn't let me know of the importance or main purpose of filtering. The only thing I'm filtering at this point is regions I wish to connect to, where it be with radar or poly. As said, with filtering on and a poly around that mid west cluster I couldn't connect to anything for over 15 mins.

Just now went back to Europe where I pinned my home base as UK and ended up in a 50ms server. If I'm getting 50ms to Euro servers that's fine by me but we know that's not what's happening.Here's an rng eg. Ping assist player? So, I don't have any friends on currently let alone have any friends in Cali that play.

image.png.805331ef6144ad00fc67d68bf31a0ebf.png

• Administrators

I was saying that based on what appeared to be happening - a lot of people are trying to do that due to SBMM rumors. Now I know that is not the case.

The main purpose of filtering is to force the closest/lowest ping servers to you. Can you just provide a full page screenshot of the Geo-Filter please of what it looks like when you are searching for a game/if you get into a game - regardless of what server that is, including the browser - cropping it isn't as helpful.

The peer will be misclassified and will actually be a server.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I was saying that based on what appeared to be happening - a lot of people are trying to do that due to SBMM rumors. Now I know that is not the case.

The main purpose of filtering is to force the closest/lowest ping servers to you. Can you just provide a full page screenshot of the Geo-Filter please of what it looks like when you are searching for a game/if you get into a game - regardless of what server that is, including the browser - cropping it isn't as helpful.

The peer will be misclassified and will actually be a server.

Sure thing, here you go, everything I could fit in my screen. While I'd love to mitigate SBMM as best as I can and yes, lots of rumours, that's not why I bought this. It was to aid in getting into decent servers.

image.thumb.png.5e2b7a80184fecfe3fb3c3a5a2843d82.png

I just turned filtering on for a Great Britain region and I just keep connecting, then disconnect, connect, disconnect so I can see the filtering restricting me here but this is all very confusing as there isn't anywhere I can manually choose a ping max that I can see that I can adjust to suit. The router is forcing me to play wherever it appears.

This is all contrary to the perceived value in this router before I bought it. I bought it so I can host my mates across the US and Canada and select a "mid point"  as to where I want us to join so we all get fairly even pings. Been gaming for over 20 yrs and why when we used to be able to rent servers, I'd always rent a DAL or CHI server. If this piece of high tech kit won't allow me to do this, then ya, I have to return it as it's useless to me. It's clearly meant for an individual, not to benefit a group.

• Administrators

Just wait a minute once that message appears and refresh the page, it will have applied.

Is that how you've been using it throughout, with a group? Can you just try playing solo using the same settings and see if it works please? Then that will give us an idea of what to look into.

No, I've been trying it on my own. Wouldn't want to waste all  my mates time with this. It looks like I needed to understand the ping assist better. Setting the ping assist to 60, marking up 2 mid-west regions and  joining  random trios 3xs in a row I was less <60ms each time, which is encouraging as Im typically 78ms out there I believe. Now the key will be what are my parties pings when I try with them. If they're higher than me, and all being much closer to the regions I've selected, it will be obvious I'd think that I'm not actually connecting to this mid west cluster of servers.

See this guy has simplified my concerns. He clearly states that he can select a location and connect, as in that region that he paints up. Me? I go to Europe and get US pings. So where I had hopes that my test of 3 connects for polygon'd mid-west locations I was getting somewhere, god knows where I actually was connected but I think I'm basically connecting the same as I would w/o this unit. Forget the whole SBMM crap. I don't care about that. I want to connect to a specific server location. Very simple and your replies still haven't told me that I can, in fact, do this?

Anyways, I'm done for the day. Wasted far too many hours on this for the 2nd consecutive day and while I appreciate you taking time to reply, the only way this is going to get done is if I have a live person on skype or w/e walk through it it appears b/c I'm not getting anywhere at this rate. I work for a technology company and would have engaged the customer directly, not via a public forum. Doing all this is wasting an incredible amount of time for both of us is unproductive

I can understand your frustrations here. We're only a small team so we can't provide telephone/remote support unfortunately. We do our best to respond as quickly as we can and to be available for as much of the day as possible.

I've just seen your email so I'll get back to you over there. Thanks for your perseverance and patience with us throughout the troubleshooting process.