Hi,

I have recently been troubleshooting some weird issues with my QoS;. I'm not sure when it started but I just noticed it recently, it could have been like this all along I just didn't know. 

I do have a fairly new gaming PC and for a time there if I had QoS enabled I would only get about 12 mb down and 3 up even with QoS set to 18 up and 18 down. If I turn QoS off the speed test would show full speeds. I shut the computer down, disconnected the ethernet cable, then deleted it from the router. Plugged it back in so it would bring it back in, same issue. I had tried to plug another laptop into the same port on the switch, same cable and it did not have that issue. 

I decided to change the QoS to  a higher speed and all of a sudden my speed test started getting full speeds. 

My biggest concern for QoS not working right is the fact the Speed Test is giving me full speeds even with QoS enabled. I am just using Speedtest.net. If I have QoS on the device set to 18/18, shouldn't the speed test show around the same speeds?

I really just want to make sure i am utilizing this router the way it was meant. I don't think the Anti-Bufferbloat is going to work correctly if QoS isn't working right. I could easily have 10 devices streaming at any one time in my house. I'm a cable cutter with 3 kids, Roku devices all over the house and Tablets everywhere. 

Here are some specs

CenturyLink Fiber 1gb/1gb

XR500 with V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203

All Connections are hard wired

Thanks for your time!

James

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I decided to temp fate by making everyone in my house angry so I rebooted the router which I had not done in a while.

I think that has fixed it. 

I have attached the screen shot anyway. I am supposed to be getting 1gb/1gb but i am letting the router determine my speed so that is what I am using (closer to 600/600).. I also have share excess bandwidth with all devices disabled.

image.thumb.png.90a0547e5b167f656381fc0419db14bf.png

image.thumb.png.fb48ae385cb6d2eff883da3acf8b4d0a.png