Severe packet loss

lewrya

I get severe packet loss and it shows up in games. For example I play apex with their net info running and it shows the 60% + packet loss.. It's not just numbers either. It shows up in the game. I have issues with other games as well.

Attached is the simplest test. 

I've seen other posts where people are just told to essentially ignore it. This is creating tangible issues for me. 

r2.PNG

without.PNG

Is it normal to see packetloss at the first hop/router in ping plotter? I've started noticing it lately as well, I've switched routers and cables but still see packetloss at the first hop. If i tracert via command prompt or run extended ping tests there's no packetloss

@johnnytran @Newfie

It's hard to say now. I was getting packet loss, thats backed up by apex. I put my router/modem combo from the isp in bridge mode, so duma has a wan ip now and I made sure most ancillary features were disabled. Everything seems fine now. I was getting 2-3% packet loss past the router, but i think ping plotter might be garbage so who knows. Thats gone now though too. Maybe my isp had a blip. Ultimately I've changed too many variables at once so i can't give a definitive answer 

@Netduma Fraser 

Something weird is definitely going on. I'm playing apex, packet loss spikes to 90%, I go and I look and windows no longer shows a internet connection. I cannot reach the netduma gateway ip and moments later it all comes back. 

As of right now, the net duma is sitting in the DMZ only because I was having issues trying to get a dhcp ip from my isp.

I need some insight on how to trouble shoot this. I can set up scripts that will log a time stamp and then dump the logs.