šŸ†˜ Canā€™t even connect R2 to modem properly

Lao Ban

I just received my R2 today. I know the set up should be easy, but I have one of those crazy electrical rooms, and itā€™s not. When I follow the very simple instructions, i do not get an internet connection. The red light still blinks, even when the net work shows up, I am unable to connect to it.Ā 
Ā 

The farthest I have got is to the net duma portal page, however when it said ā€œlooking for connectionā€ it canā€™t find one.Ā 
Ā 

basically I have another router that I think is at play somehow. It is called a ā€œedge router P O Eā€ I am not sure what roll it plays, but I know it does. I finally got a solid red Internet connection, when I plug into the P O E router, but not direct into R2. Very confusing and would love some assistance ASAP!Ā 
Ā 

thanks guys.Ā 

Yes, very frustrating. Now I canā€™t even access Xbox live, even after I had my ISP turn bridge mode back off. I guess I require bridge mode on for any 3rd party router. But this has been a nightmare to set up, and I consider myself very tech-friendly. Does net not have a tech support phone line or anything?? :(Ā 

Ā 

I know your in the same boat, you have been waiting on this day for , I dunno 3 months and you just wanted an easy set up. I feel ya brother, hopefully we can get help on this ASAP.Ā 

No support line only forums at this point I tried the upstream with my old router but had the same no issue doesn't matter if its wifi or wired I was only able to set everything up on the dumaos but something is cutting off the connection it might be a defective batch of routers or just a bugged I remember something about the routers being stuck on a dock or something because of a storm. Hope we can sort this out.

Well thatā€™s absolutely terrifying to hear. Really hope that is not the case, I think I saw a few of their support guys respond in here tho, Iā€™ll chat with you tomorrow. šŸ˜“Ā 

Hey guys!

@Roque PerezĀ I've responded to you on one of the other posts you commented in.

@Lao BanĀ Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. The WAN light on the R2 (second in from the left) will flash when it's communicating properly with the upstream modem/router, so that's usually a good sign. If you connect your R2 to your previous router via it's WAN port, do you get a connection then?

Hi Liam, thanks for getting back to me. All I know is I canā€™t access the ā€œnet duma r 2ā€ wifi network. I feel like I have tried to connect through all possibilities. R2 direct to modem lights up everything but the internet. if I go R2 to old router, then connect the Ethernet from old router into R2, this will give me that res flushing ā€œcommunicatingā€ internet light.Ā 
Ā 

However, Ā nothing is plug & play easy. I have one of those big electrical rooms, and I just need to start fresh.Ā 
Ā 

is my ISP correct in saying I must activate bridge mode to use this Router? But still, I should be able to at least access the router portal page, 186.983 (or what ever it is) and set the router up. Of course I only use MacBooks so I canā€™t hardwire in and set up that way.Ā 
Ā 

i just need ToĀ start fresh, would pay anyone to help me on the phone today !Ā 

The blue tooth looking speaker thing in my hand is the modem. The edge router is the old router obviously. The catch? I had no idea I even had this edge router, and I have no idea what itā€™s purpose is. I plug by Xbox in direct with a 100 foot Ethernet cable into the modem. I have never messed with this router.Ā 
Ā 

now itā€™s just a nightmare figuring out how properly connect the R2. Do I need to use all 3 devices? Take out the old router? But itā€™s plugged into so much shit... ugh, šŸ†˜Ā 

Ā 

sorry guys I suck

A092DAF0-9006-468A-BFF6-3472252EFEEE.jpeg

• Administrators

The PoE router might be handling PPPoE for example so just connect the R2 to that, access the R2 interface at 192.168.77.1 do you see the setup wizard? You will need to complete this before you get internet. If that works great, I'd recommend leaving it like that until you can sort through what everything in that room does.

But on the instructions it says you have to connect to the net duma network, enter password, and it should take you there.Ā 
Ā 

Here is the biggest problem. The very 1st time I tried setting up, I easily got to this stage. I entered all the info at setup wizard. It then says ā€œsearching for networkā€ Or something like that, and then network not found.Ā 
Ā 

but I canā€™t even get back to this step. My lights are solid Red. I have tired the reset, Ā but maybe Iā€™ll do that again.Ā 
Ā 

if I give you my modem /router serial number of current equipment,Ā can that help you at all?Ā 

I have similar issue I was able to complete by doing a bridge with my old router But at this point I canā€™t connect to the modem I dont get any connection but i do get connection of directly off the modem and using Old router. Ive made sure I had the same Mac Address qs one beneath the R2 . Disabled Ipv6 all R2 features like qos geo filter etc. Im using a pure modem no wifi on it. I have the R2 plugged to the wall nothing seems to help to get connection on it Done multiple factory resets alsoĀ 
Ā 

Any way you can help me sort this out I am not getting any Wan Ip eitherĀ 

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with the default wireless password? Are you able to take the laptop into that room to connect via ethernet to complete the setup?

I am going to Best Buy now to buy a thunder bolt now to at least get the setup completeĀ 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Roque Perez said:

I have similar issue I was able to complete by doing a bridge with my old router But at this point I canā€™t connect to the modem I dont get any connection but i do get connection of directly off the modem and using Old router. Ive made sure I had the same Mac Address qs one beneath the R2 . Disabled Ipv6 all R2 features like qos geo filter etc. Im using a pure modem no wifi on it. I have the R2 plugged to the wall nothing seems to help to get connection on it Done multiple factory resets alsoĀ 
Ā 

Any way you can help me sort this out I am not getting any Wan Ip eitherĀ 

I've posted in the other topic you're using, it would be best if you made a topic as it's getting very confusing trying to help multiple people in a topic.

38 minutes ago, Lao Ban said:

I am going to Best Buy now to buy a thunder bolt now to at least get the setup completeĀ 

Okay great let us know how you get on!

I am now plugged direct r2 into my Mac as you can see. I can not access the net duma r2 network no matter how many times I reset. This is so unfortunate, really wish someone could advise. I appreciate your help Liam, but there has to be a way. I know my ISP has to bridge it when the network is already set up. If they bridge it now, I lose all internet in house.Ā 
Ā 

the craziest part is I almost had it set up correctly the 1st time, I have not even been able to get back to square 1. I highly doubt itā€™s defectiveĀ either..

image.jpg

• Administrators

Are you able to get it working while connected to the router via ethernet?

The WiFi password may be incorrect, follow the conversion method on this guide and see if that works.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-my-new-netduma-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

Sorry you're having these issues so soon.