Qos Upload doesn't work on Xr1000 - PPPoe

Hey guys, so I bought an Xr1000 a couple of days ago and I just realized that the Upload Qos doesn't work, not even a little bit. The Qos Download works without any problems. 

I already saw some posts here and it looks like that this is a well known problem for over 2 years!? 

My Modem is the Draytek Vigor 165 - PPPoe does the Xr1000 so basically my setup is

Draytek "Full Bridge Mode, none Vlan or PPPoe - XR1000" PPPoe, Vlan activate, DHCP. 

What can I do right now? 

Should I just wait for an firmware update which will be released idk in the next few Months or is there anything else I can do to make this pain in the ass, work? 

I saw some posts where someone mentioned that it should work if I just set up the Draytek with the PPPoe connection but I tried for like 5 hours but this shit didn't worked.... "im not an expert guys" 

So if someone could tell me what I should do step by step I would gladly appreciate it 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. My first recommendation would be to setup the Draytek with PPPoE. What does the ISP require exactly, just a username/password for PPPoE? What details did they give you other than that? Do you require VLAN as well?

@Netduma Fraser

Hey, yeah my ISP gaved me a Username and password... And yes I also need Vlan. 

First I did an Factory reset on both devices and after the reboot I started to configure the Draytek. 

Settings --- Pppoe --- Username / Password --- Save

After that I disabled DHCP and Vlan on the Draytek and finished the configuration. 

After configurating the Draytek I connected the Draytek with the Xr1000 through the Wan Port and startet setting up the Xr1000. 

In the beginning I had the 3 Options "Let the Router find the ISP informations to create a internet connection" or second "Configurate it yourself, requires knowledge of internet..." 

After setting up a new login Password and security Questions, I was successfully logged into the router. 

The next steps where : Settings - - - Vlan activate - - - Vlan ID 7 / Prio 0 and safe

After that I saw that the red internet led on the router changed to white but there was no internet. My PC system "said" Network plugged in but no network connection available. 

• Administrators

The draytek should still handle PPPoE in that scenario. If you let the XR handle it, there are some bugs around it relating to QoS so if possible would be best not to use it on the XR at the moment. Just enable DHCP on the draytek and see if it all works - reboot the XR once you've done that.

@Netduma Fraser

Aight, I managed to make this thing work. The problem was that the router didn't received the Vlan from the Netgear. After setting the Vlan on the router it works now.... But still, why can't the netgear handle the vlan tag? I mean if I set up the Netgear with pppoe it worked. 

I read some posts here that it isn't good that the router does the vlan Tagging. 

Any solution? Or should I just let it be because the qos on the upload works now!