XR1000 GEO FILTERING

That server in Virginia could be an authenticating server.. Which means you might see that pop up when playing a game.. But yet still connecting to servers in your area..  Just a possible guess..

Zippy.

Expanding on this topic with issues since XR1000 router purchase:

Spoke to support for two hours with no success. 

• Geo Filter turned on causes XBOX Party Chat to not work. Only game chat??
  • Two consoles in the house. One directly connected to XR1000 with Moderate NAT and the one with Wi-Fi gets OPEN NAT. How to get both Open??
  • Geo Filtering on...Long wait time to find lobbies even in my current State?? 
  • Originally I was not able to join parties with Geo turned on but after changing some setting, I am now able to join parties.   

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Dahlbeck88 said:

Expanding on this topic with issues since XR1000 router purchase:

Spoke to support for two hours with no success. 

• Geo Filter turned on causes XBOX Party Chat to not work. Only game chat??
  • Two consoles in the house. One directly connected to XR1000 with Moderate NAT and the one with Wi-Fi gets OPEN NAT. How to get both Open??
  • Geo Filtering on...Long wait time to find lobbies even in my current State?? 
  • Originally I was not able to join parties with Geo turned on but after changing some setting, I am now able to join parties.   

Hey, welcome to the forum!

• Have you added your friends to your Geo-Filter Allow list?
  • NG are aware of this, they have a potential fix already - I can provide a firmware with it included but it isn't fully tested. Having one console as moderate will not degrade the game experience just as having an Open NAT won't necessarily improve the game experience.
  • What are your Geo-Filter settings?