NETDUMA blocking Zoom

Hi DUMA Team

I have had issues appear with my Telstra Modem that has the DUMAOS recently.

It has started to block Zoom traffic, and specifically the zoom.us domain.

If you wait a good while the Zoom will connect intermittently. You can intermittently get to the zoom website but cant download anything 

I turned off every firewall / QOS / inspection service i could find in DUMAOS but nothing seems to work. 

I pause DUMAOS and back to the Telstra OS and everything is back to normal and works fine.

Can you please give me any ideas on how to troubleshoot this and resolve - id like to leave DUMAOS on for my kids gaming - but not at the expense of being able to work from home

Thanks Phenonm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jumping on this thead as well. Let me know if you would prefer me to set up a new one. I too am having zoom blocked. It began after signing up with the Netduma Telstra Game Optimiser. Are you able to help?

Yes i can - log into your router - then in the top right on the main page from memory you can go into the settings and pause duma os 

this will allow zoom through instantly in my case

bloody annoying that it turns itself back on after some time - so before every zoom meeting- which is a lot for me - WFH these days -  i check its paused. 

Really keen to understand when a fix is coming - it seems to be related to the zoom.us domain from my testing being blocked - surely there is a way to whitelist it and the zoom ports?? Ill leave that to the experts at dumaos to comment 

9 hours ago, knoxy said:

Jumping on this thead as well. Let me know if you would prefer me to set up a new one. I too am having zoom blocked. It began after signing up with the Netduma Telstra Game Optimiser. Are you able to help?

Could you tell me what version you're currently running?

3 hours ago, phenonm said:

Yes i can - log into your router - then in the top right on the main page from memory you can go into the settings and pause duma os 

this will allow zoom through instantly in my case

bloody annoying that it turns itself back on after some time - so before every zoom meeting- which is a lot for me - WFH these days -  i check its paused. 

Really keen to understand when a fix is coming - it seems to be related to the zoom.us domain from my testing being blocked - surely there is a way to whitelist it and the zoom ports?? Ill leave that to the experts at dumaos to comment 

Thanks for sharing what works for you, I've requested an update from the guys over at Telstra, hopefully this shouldn't take too much longer. I'll let you know once I've heard back! I believe it would be possible to either port forward/force allow ports for Zoom, although this would be done in the Telstra network settings and not DumaOS so I can't fully advise on that.

Thanks for the reply. I am running DumaOS Version 3.0.180  (on Telstra firmware of 18.1.c.0585). I have managed to get access to Zoom.us via disabling QOS in settings (I found that fix from the CrowdSupport forums). That is working for now but I would love to get a fix so I can fully utilise the software.

14 hours ago, knoxy said:

Thanks for the reply. I am running DumaOS Version 3.0.180  (on Telstra firmware of 18.1.c.0585). I have managed to get access to Zoom.us via disabling QOS in settings (I found that fix from the CrowdSupport forums). That is working for now but I would love to get a fix so I can fully utilise the software.

Welcome to the forum! 

I've sent you a PM. :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi @knoxy and the team at Netduma

This issue is still not fixed, i still have to disable Netduma to do a zoom call - its bloody annoying

Knoxy can you pm me the link to how you altered the QOS to allow zoom? please

Netduma - is there any chance Telstra will push out a fix soon?

Phenonm

Thanks knoxy - i didnt see that hidden box!

So that says to me that if its a qos related issue - surely you can tune the QOS and whatever bucket zoom.us falls into so that it has some bandwidth available to it - it must be that its in a best effort bucket and allocated none perhaps

Any comments Netduma team?

3 hours ago, phenonm said:

Thanks knoxy - i didnt see that hidden box!

So that says to me that if its a qos related issue - surely you can tune the QOS and whatever bucket zoom.us falls into so that it has some bandwidth available to it - it must be that its in a best effort bucket and allocated none perhaps

Any comments Netduma team?

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA as yet for when we'll be able to push out this fix, but it is a matter of priority for us so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

One thing you could try in QoS would be to add a new advanced rule to Traffic Prioritisation for the device you use zoom on with the below ports:

Source: 1-65535

Dest: 80-8802

TCP & UDP

This rule should trigger and prioritise zoom traffic when it's detected. Let me know if this helps.

I'm having the same issue and here is the board model and versions:
I'm on the Telstra Game Optimiser as well. And I'm happy to be a Alpha or Beta tester if you need someone to test out new firmware.

Board Model DJA0231
Firmware Version 18.1.c.0585
DumaOS Version 3.0.180

• Administrators
6 hours ago, ChanM said:

I'm having the same issue and here is the board model and versions:
I'm on the Telstra Game Optimiser as well. And I'm happy to be a Alpha or Beta tester if you need someone to test out new firmware.

Board Model DJA0231
Firmware Version 18.1.c.0585
DumaOS Version 3.0.180

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As above we're working on getting that out as soon as possible. If you disable QoS fully for the moment then that will allow you to use Zoom

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, JJJason said:

Howdy, I too am having this issue with Zoom.  Has it be solved yet? Is there a fix? (rather than just a work around - as per the above?)

Thanks Jason 

Howdy! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this.

This will be fixed through a firmware update, it should be pushed automatically to your modem over the next few weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience this has been causing you!

Hi JJJason and Reapster

No it hasnt been fixed - I turned off QOS like Knoxy said "I just went to the QOS menu then pressed the 3 lines next to the Congestion Control widget and then selected disable QOS tickbox. Good luck!"

That means effectively that game optimizer is no longer optimizing your game traffic anymore or any traffic for that matter

The only other option you have is to temporarily turn off game optimizer when you have webex, which i did but was really annoying to do every time

I really hope that Netduma and Telstra put out a proper fix for this because it sucks

Phenonm