Sign in to follow this  
Rangewonk

Minecraft support

Is it possible to add Minecraft to the QOS settings in Netduma OS, or at least the IP of a specific minecraft server? 

We can do that, I'll add that request for you. There is no way to add a specific IP but in Traffic Prioritization add the device with the Games Console service, or if you know the ports used you can make a custom rule.

Add the device to Traffic Prioritization, select the Advanced tab. Leave the source ports as 1-65535 and enter the port in both destination boxes. Choose TCP/UDP then add it.

I've investigated getting Minecraft added to Traffic Prio. Unfortunately Minecraft appears to use a slightly unusual protocol, so we can't add it to Traffic Prio just yet. We will hopefully be able to add it in future but it will take some more work from our developers to increase compatibility.

It's crazy how popular Minecraft is again... I love that because it's one of my favorite games of all time. I started watching videos on YouTube about that game, and I wanted to play it again. I used to struggle to find a good server to play on. It was a different time, and you couldn't just go online and look for servers like you can now on https://minecraft.buzz/category/pvp.
I will download the game soon and start playing. I wish I could log in to my old account, but that was ages ago. Still, starting from the beginning should be fun. I will learn how to play the game again.