R Apps/GUI still failing with .205

C00LhandNUK3

I was having massive trouble with the R Apps not loading and the GUI becoming unresponsive on my R2 under the old firmware. I updated to .205 today hoping it would lend some stability. After the install I did a factory reset and unplugged for a couple minutes. Unfortunately I still am lucky if I get more than an hour before the RApps and GUI shit the bed and I have to soft reboot. Any thoughts?

Internet connection is unaffected. No consistent errors being generated. It's just the old "This R App is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute." But no matter how long I wait, or how many times I try, once I get this message the RApp will never load until a reboot.

10 hours ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

Internet connection is unaffected. No consistent errors being generated. It's just the old "This R App is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute." But no matter how long I wait, or how many times I try, once I get this message the RApp will never load until a reboot.

OK, could you go to System information -> Installed Rapps -> Click the three line menu and change the amount of retries to 5.

• Administrators

The above should keep it from doing that for longer. Then if it happens again click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

If I cannot access the GUI, I cannot give any kind of log details unfortunately.

This afternoon, the GUI was inaccessible for several hours. I started a game of Apex about 30 minutes ago and could see an immediate issue, with highish ping and some packet loss. The other Xbox was also in use and one iPad streaming a show from Amazon or Netflix, so the QOS cannot have been working properly. Difficult to say, as the GUI wasn't accessible and I had to power cycle to bring it all back online.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The above should keep it from doing that for longer. Then if it happens again click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

I had previously changed the retries to 5 from 3, so that really didn't help. He is the requested screenshot:

2021-02-19.png

I've just had some significant lag spikes during the game and the GUI has locked me out again, that is to say, it's inaccessible.

Edit: This screenshot is from when the page was left open to capture the figures before the GUI went down. I will try the same again with the error logs.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.26.54.png

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

I had previously changed the retries to 5 from 3, so that really didn't help. He is the requested screenshot:

Could you provide a screenshot where it's easier to see the values please? That was taken when you had the error?

2 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I've just had some significant lag spikes during the game and the GUI has locked me out again, that is to say, it's inaccessible.

Could you check that the power and ethernet cables are all connected properly please? The eth cables need to click to be fully in. Some very odd issues which aren't making a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot where it's easier to see the values please? That was taken when you had the error?

Could you check that the power and ethernet cables are all connected properly please? The eth cables need to click to be fully in. Some very odd issues which aren't making a lot of sense.

I'm attaching two shots, one where the GUI is working and one after it crashed. Also, attached is a screen shot of my network map. I have cat5/6 ran throughout my house so there are several switches involved as well as a couple wifi extenders. I will check the connections on as many as I can. I hope that helps.

working after reboot.png

r app no load.png

network map.png

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Unfinished said:

All connections secure.

Your edited picture, that definitely does indicate and issue so thank you very much for that. How many devices do you have connected to the router?

9 hours ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

I'm attaching two shots, one where the GUI is working and one after it crashed. Also, attached is a screen shot of my network map. I have cat5/6 ran throughout my house so there are several switches involved as well as a couple wifi extenders. I will check the connections on as many as I can. I hope that helps

Your Rapp performance values are normal annoyingly but the amount of devices you have is interesting. So would you say you have about 50 devices all told that may connect to the router at any time?

Currently 18 devices in total.

4 iPads, 4iPhones, 2 Macbooks, 1 Pc laptop, all on wireless.

2 TVs and 2 Xboxes, all on ethernet.

Music streamer and Airport Express on wireless

NAS on ethernet

Internet is fibre, but I only have 14Mbps down and 3Mbps up. Streaming can and often does include Netflix and Amazon HD. I found out last night that my partner was streamer Amazon shows at best quality on the iPad, that didn't help and now it's been set at a more realistic quality. 

The above are the very reasons that I need a stable gaming router. When it's working, it's awesome, but it doesn't stay that way for very long.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your edited picture, that definitely does indicate and issue so thank you very much for that. How many devices do you have connected to the router?

Your Rapp performance values are normal annoyingly but the amount of devices you have is interesting. So would you say you have about 50 devices all told that may connect to the router at any time?

Here is my complete list, the number in parenthesis is hard-wired by ehternet

5 laptops (2)

2 desktops (2)

3 printers (1)

2 NAS drives (2)

2 downstream routers as APs creating wifi subnets (2)

5 phones

5 tablets

2 watches

6 media players (4)

2 xboxes (2)

5 nintendos (2)

1 PS5 (1)

4 security devices

8 IoTs (1)

2 TVs (1)

So 54 total. Plus when friends come over their phones/computers on occasion. Fortunately the devices active at any one time is lower.

• Administrators

That's great, thank you both. Unfinished will be trying with QoS off to see if there is any more stability so we'll see how that goes. In the mean time I have created a ticket for the issue so it can be looked into by the team.