DDOS Attack Help

Cdog77

5 hours ago, Cdog77 said:

Is there a way to tell if you got DDOS on Netduma?? or does anyone know how I can check if I am being hit offline?

You may find the logs report a lot of DDOS messages, you can safely ignore those for the most part though! What's the reason for asking?

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You may find the logs report a lot of DDOS messages, you can safely ignore those for the most part though! What's the reason for asking?

I believe a person was trying to DDOS me.

• Administrators

As above, it would be very obvious if you were actually attacked, you'd lose connection and depending on the severity of the attack it could take some time to be restored. DoS entries are very common and usually no cause for concern.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above, it would be very obvious if you were actually attacked, you'd lose connection and depending on the severity of the attack it could take some time to be restored. DoS entries are very common and usually no cause for concern.

I was losing connection I had to reset my internet and it was very likely because it was happening to my partner as well when we were in a very important match for a lot of money in a tournament and it happened in a very specific time. I'm just asking can I look through any settings or anything to see if I was getting attacked.

If you were DDos resetting your internet which I take it you mean resetting the R2 will not restore your connection in such an attack. 
I would say your R2 disconnected during the game rather than an attack. 
the R2 does not have the ability to really DPI for deep stuff like IDS or IPS which is extremely hard on the processor and would throttle the R2 right down to a crawl. For that you need hefty processors to keep throughput up.

if your partner crashed out and was on a different network I would say it’s a server issue, can you imagine watching a team vanish during gameplay would bring, I’m sure whoever was organising it would think hard.

I would suggest during such tournaments you use a different router and see what happens and for casual play bring back the R2.

• Administrators

That does sound a bit dodgy but Newfie makes a lot of sense in that regard. The only place that would potentially show anything is the logs. If you grab the IPs from the DoS entries then give them to the tournament organizer they could maybe see whether they match the opponents?