Couple of questions (XR1000)

Couple of quick questions:

1. Is Wifi 6 now working?

2. I currently have my PC listing as a games console both in device manager and in Qos. I noticed the light is almost always on when my PC's on. Is this correct even though I'm not gaming? I want to have gaming packets filtered first at all times. 

• Administrators

WiFi 6 should be working fine - what are you referring to exactly - disconnections/slow speeds?

Do you actually see any packets counting up quickly? It may be if you have the Steam client open in the system tray that it will detect this.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

WiFi 6 should be working fine - what are you referring to exactly - disconnections/slow speeds?

Do you actually see any packets counting up quickly? It may be if you have the Steam client open in the system tray that it will detect this.

yes disconnects and slow speeds. I'll give it a try after work. And yes i was noticing the number going up, i didn't think about steam, i'll monitor and report back

11 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

yes disconnects and slow speeds. I'll give it a try after work. And yes i was noticing the number going up, i didn't think about steam, i'll monitor and report back

Are you still experiencing the disconnections? OK let us know how you get on.

16 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you still experiencing the disconnections? OK let us know how you get on.

Actually I am not, which is good. It very well could've been an issue with my last phone (pixel 4 xl) idk if I could make use of wifi 6 now but at least i know it seems to work. Is there anything special i need to do for it to work?

OK, that's good then! If the connected device supports Wi-Fi 6 then I don't believe any special configuration is required! Are you looking to use this on your new phone? Can you check in its Wi-Fi settings if there's any indication as to whether you're using Wi-Fi 6?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, that's good then! If the connected device supports Wi-Fi 6 then I don't believe any special configuration is required! Are you looking to use this on your new phone? Can you check in its Wi-Fi settings if there's any indication as to whether you're using Wi-Fi 6?

Unfortunately iPhones don't tell you. I know on android phones there would be a little "6" by the wifi icon. So I guess I just have to assume it's working. And to answer @Netduma Fraseri set it back to only Duma OS games for prioritization. it seems more responsive than the R2 was. Overall I'm pleased with the router. Just wish I had a Fiber connection. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear thanks for the update! Fiber may come to your area in the future. With the focus on home working worldwide I think we'll see an uptick in faster more stable connections becoming available.

Yep, for the time being this seems to be the best I can get, unless you have any further suggestions?

image.thumb.png.4c2401173f24740e259dfa8937051b30.png

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That looks pretty good to be fair! How does it feel in game? Could you probably try flattening the Ping test under load results but they're by no means bad!

Experiment with the slider in Congestion Control and see if you can get a better result

It's not bad in game, I can't tell if it's the servers (COD: Cold War) or not but I get random bits of lag here and there. I'm almost certain it's the server because other games don't seem to have this issue. 

Side note, that screen shot was from what the auto setup suggested. I did some tweaking and got this result. Auto set up had download at 55% and upload at 99%. I left the upload alone and ended up having to go all the way to 25% on the download to get this result. I'm basically limited to my connection itself at this point I feel. After all i do live in an apartment complex on a coax connection. At least I'm the closest out of anyone to the tap (its outside my window straight down)image.thumb.png.fed3c535b7cb43215f9c6de04aac0018.png

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is a lot better, well done on getting those results. Your connection inherently has jitter/spikes so it's pretty good considering. Does it play any better with these results?

It seems to, but it could be just the servers, i was playing league play at the time. Oh btw, how do I get the tutorial to stop popping up for every screen I open? lol