XR500 DNS lookup issues while running torrent client

My internet works fine and i can browse with no problems. But as soon as I start any torrent client( tried with several and with 50% speed limitation) I get a lot of dns lookup errors while trying to browse. So downloads are going through just fine and while trying to browse the web it seems as if there's no internet connection getting dns errors. Already tried changing DNS servers to several other ones but this problem is annoying repeatable. What's the problem here? its been like this for around a week now. I haven't changes anything on my pc software wise and I haven't upgraded  any firmware on router this problem just started out of nowhere. Any help would be appreciated! 

Running:
XR500 V2.3.2.56

Windows 10  x64

all browsers tested and same problem. Even other devices on the LAN. Problem is for browsing the Web but downloads / netflix streaming remains unaffected

Yes, it still occurs. I found out the problem. It turns out the problem causing this issue was that my router was using my main pc's mac address as its own address. I myself had it that way and have no idea why it suddenly cause all these weird issues. By reverting the option to use default mac address the problem is resolved but if possible, I'd like it if a network professional explained to me what happened and why since it's very interesting to me.