NAT type on PS5

Satan1976

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What does the NAT Type say in the console network settings? What does the game say? What is his exact physical setup?

It’s an XR500 with the Ps5 wireless. The game says Moderate, and he can’t get into a game since we tried port forwarding. We set the PS5 an ip in dhcp, and forwarded the ports for PSN. Will he need UPnP on too? And will his settings need ipv6 deactivate? 
Also will the automatic wireless setup be ok on the PS5? Or would he need to put in his IP setting manually? 

• Administrators

What is the XR500 connected to - a pure modem (no wifi) or modem/router (wifi)? 

UPnP would be useful for the other devices connected to the network - UPnP should open the NAT without port forwarding. What does the console network settings say for NAT? 

You can disable IPv6. Automatic WiFi settings is fine.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the XR500 connected to - a pure modem (no wifi) or modem/router (wifi)? 

UPnP would be useful for the other devices connected to the network - UPnP should open the NAT without port forwarding. What does the console network settings say for NAT? 

You can disable IPv6. Automatic WiFi settings is fine.

The console is saying NAT type 2, but the game says moderate. I’m waiting for him to get back to me regarding the device it’s connected to, as he lives on a farm, and has multiple routers connecting to a main modem ( I think ). he doesn’t live near me, so I’m helping him over video / audio calls. 

So after we set the DHCP to his IP address, and forwarded the ports that PSN requires, would UPnP also being enabled be okay yes?

• Administrators

Okay so the whole console is open, its more likely the game is misreading the NAT status. Is he having any negative effects like not being able to connect to anyone? Is he using the Geo-Filter? Should be fine to enable UPnP at the same time.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so the whole console is open, its more likely the game is misreading the NAT status. Is he having any negative effects like not being able to connect to anyone? Is he using the Geo-Filter? Should be fine to enable UPnP at the same time.

His ping always seems really high in game, 50-75ms. and is there any way to CHECK the ports are open for a console? 

4 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

His ping always seems really high in game, 50-75ms. and is there any way to CHECK the ports are open for a console? 

Does he use an xbox or other gaming device on the same network? You can check the port the game is using by going to the settings, account then show internal ip or external. At the end of the ip you will see a port number 3074 or 3075 normally. For ps5 it's 3074.