Games are unplayable on Xr700

• Administrators

Yeah it does look fine, thanks for that. Could you do the following please with the aid of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

1. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the modem
  2. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with nothing happening on the network
  3. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with streams/downloads happening on the network - no QoS
  4. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with streams/downloads happening on the network - QoS set to Always 70% for both download and upload

and post the screenshots of those results here.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah it does look fine, thanks for that. Could you do the following please with the aid of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

1. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the modem
  2. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with nothing happening on the network
  3. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with streams/downloads happening on the network - no QoS
  4. Do a 10 minute plot to a local website e.g. news - direct to the router with streams/downloads happening on the network - QoS set to Always 70% for both download and upload

and post the screenshots of those results here.

pingplot1.png

pingplotte2.png

pingplo3.png

pinplot4.png

4 hours ago, Zoom said:

I forot to to te modem one so the 4 images are no QOS and empty network, no QOS and congested network, then 70% QOS and my current QOS 50%.

OK thank you, could you please do one direct to the modem? This will help us because we can then compare the difference between having the XR involved and not having it.

On 3/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, Netduma Liam said:

OK thank you, could you please do one direct to the modem? This will help us because we can then compare the difference between having the XR involved and not having it.

image.thumb.png.84695e84013047b531df80e0ccab513b.png

• Administrators

There is almost no discernible difference in the quality of the connections between any of the pictures so I can't see how connecting to the XR would make it worse. If you disable QoS fully from the Anti-BB/CC option menu and disable the Geo-Filter fully does it play at the same level as your modem?

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is almost no discernible difference in the quality of the connections between any of the pictures so I can't see how connecting to the XR would make it worse. If you disable QoS fully from the Anti-BB/CC option menu and disable the Geo-Filter fully does it play at the same level as your modem?

Nope. Tried that already. Is the QOS even working? Doenst look like it's reducing any of the spikes at all? When I try connection benchmark tests they are all pretty much identical regardless of what values I use. What would be the most important thing to look into on those graphs? 

• Administrators

Your inherent base ping has some ping spikes and that is unresolvable by any router, just down to the ISP. We're still improving upon that feature for the XR700 at the moment so I wouldn't pay too much attention to them, that's why I wanted some PingPlotter results. Lets try this instead, keep QoS enabled - use whatever you want for Congestion Control, make a manual rule for the device in Traffic Prioritization:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

See how it performs after that.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your inherent base ping has some ping spikes and that is unresolvable by any router, just down to the ISP. We're still improving upon that feature for the XR700 at the moment so I wouldn't pay too much attention to them, that's why I wanted some PingPlotter results. Lets try this instead, keep QoS enabled - use whatever you want for Congestion Control, make a manual rule for the device in Traffic Prioritization:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

See how it performs after that.

Thanks, I'll try that. I notice on DSL reports the blufferboat differs massively when I change values but heard that was not as accurate? 

One more Q, would I be better of with an R2 if I'm only really using it for gaming wired? What are the shipment times currently if I were to order one?

• Administrators

I don't think it's as accurate, Traffic Prioritization also seems to impact the results negatively. 

If you care more about software rather than hardware then the R2 would be a good choice. We're all caught up on orders now so as long as you purchased before the shipment cut off time around mid afternoon BST then it would ship that day. Mostly 1 working day delivery globally bar a few exceptions

Hi Fraser, 

I'm trying to get a good connection to Fifa aswell. Kinda got the same feeling as Zoom has. There seems to be something interfering with the game when using the R2. Seems to be something within the Traffic Priorization. If i use all ports there to Xbox series X it works decently for a few hours then worsens down to a feeling where you can't control your players anymore. Using just Duma Classified games feels worse for gameplay then prioritizing all ports on Xbox. Might be something in there which is giving the '' weird/delayed'' gameplay. 

Might has something to de with Fifa Using the GVSP packets not sure. 

Greetings, Nelson

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Hi Fraser, 

I'm trying to get a good connection to Fifa aswell. Kinda got the same feeling as Zoom has. There seems to be something interfering with the game when using the R2. Seems to be something within the Traffic Priorization. If i use all ports there to Xbox series X it works decently for a few hours then worsens down to a feeling where you can't control your players anymore. Using just Duma Classified games feels worse for gameplay then prioritizing all ports on Xbox. Might be something in there which is giving the '' weird/delayed'' gameplay. 

Might has something to de with Fifa Using the GVSP packets not sure. 

Greetings, Nelson

If prioritizing all the packets make it work but only for a short time, TP won't suddenly stop so it's more likely a placebo/something else causing the issue. If you make a post detailing your settings/setup we can try to help optimize as much as possible.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think it's as accurate, Traffic Prioritization also seems to impact the results negatively. 

If you care more about software rather than hardware then the R2 would be a good choice. We're all caught up on orders now so as long as you purchased before the shipment cut off time around mid afternoon BST then it would ship that day. Mostly 1 working day delivery globally bar a few exceptions

Thanks Fraser, have tried the suggestion above and it's still causing alot of problems. Amazon have agreed to refund me so I'll try the R2. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Zooom said:

Thanks Fraser, have tried the suggestion above and it's still causing alot of problems. Amazon have agreed to refund me so I'll try the R2. 

Fair enough! If you need any assistance with the R2 let us know and we'll be happy to help!

I'll close this topic now as it is no longer relevant to your router.