XR1000

I recently purchased and installed the XR1000 (previously had XR500) and I am having an issue with it disconnecting from the internet and it takes forever for the main screen to load up after putting entering my ID and password (currently been waiting for almost 5 minutes). I have already uninstalled, rebooted, clear out cookies and history.  restarted internet..etc...should not be this difficult to enjoy this expensive product.

and my dang speeds are way slower compared to the XR500????

att fiber 1g

Screenshot 2021-02-05 174535.png

I am using google chrome on my laptop on wifi. it did not prompt me to do any sort of updating. All I did was downloaded the app and followed the instructions. armor is disabled. issue that is super annoying is when watching netflix it just random disconnects??

• Administrators

Okay it probably auto updated, there has been quite a few changes since the release version so could you do a factory reset please and see if that resolves your issues? Then setup the router via the interface on a PC please.

• Administrators

Could you try upgrading to the same firmware using the TFTP method please then doing a factory reset?  by doing it this way you bypass the boot process and any issues there, then with a reset it gives you the freshest install possible. We are trying to reproduce the issues currently.

Firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000062702/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-52
TFTP Method instructions: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

ok I will try this tonight. I am not very good at networking but will try my best.

not sure if its part of the same issue but I am getting slow gameplay mainly the whole shoot first die first scenario in Apex legends. i go from 200 health to like 0 in almost every gun fight. I can tell the difference because in my XR500 I was not having doing anything like that. in one instance i shot a a guy from behind half clip he turned around and melted me in 1 sec... no headshots. i did auto set up in QOS and it had me put my sliders at 100% for both up and down. not sure if that is correct?

12 hours ago, joel82 said:

ok I will try this tonight. I am not very good at networking but will try my best.

not sure if its part of the same issue but I am getting slow gameplay mainly the whole shoot first die first scenario in Apex legends. i go from 200 health to like 0 in almost every gun fight. I can tell the difference because in my XR500 I was not having doing anything like that. in one instance i shot a a guy from behind half clip he turned around and melted me in 1 sec... no headshots. i did auto set up in QOS and it had me put my sliders at 100% for both up and down. not sure if that is correct?

Ok thanks, let us know how you get on. 

I would suggest setting the sliders in QoS to around 70%, though this depends on your bandwidth! Have you also configured Geo-filter?

My bandwidth is  around 500-900 (although on my modem I get 1000 which is what I pay for) gel filter does not work with apex legends. Kicks me out to the main startup screen after a match. 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, joel82 said:

Typing in tftp in the command with the xr1000 download, it wouldn’t recognize tftp? I will try again shortly and get a picture 

Did you enable TFTP on Windows as per the bottom comment on the guide? https://www.howtogeek.com/250228/what-windows-10s-optional-features-do-and-how-to-turn-them-on-or-off/

I did see that link unfortunately I still couldn't figure it out. so I went ahead and reset my router again and I rebooted my att modem(BGW210-700) and fiber box. I did the process again and I think that might have fixed. I still randomly get "taking longer to load" mainly on the QOS page but way less then before. 

one  problem that still persist is that my laptop randomly disconnects? always in the evening? Secondly, I noticed that some of my devices have double IP address? I do have IP allocated for all me devices but under device management when I click on a device i can see the different address. is that normal? for example my laptop has two, my sonos speakers have 2-3. 

yes all my devices have reserved IP in Lan. however, my laptop is the only item the keeps disconnecting. to fix this i have to connect the laptop to the XR1000 with an ethernet cable shut everything down and then while still connected via ethernet net I switch it over to wifi. 

my laptop is pretty old will be getting a new one in couple weeks. for now i have it connected by ethernet cable. everything was working fine but today I have been getting the following error message?

error again.png