Xbox party chat

On 3/8/2021 at 12:12 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps we've been through in this thread? Do you still experience this issue if you leave Geo-filter disabled and then re-enable it once you're partied up?

14 hours ago, Musinho said:

Hi @DonB_tn,

I didn't read the whole thread here, but did you try already do open ports in netduma or just use the DMZ server function? If you did it and you still have problems, then maybe something is blocking in your modem(router) which is in front of your netduma router.

But if you cannot connect to parties/chats then it's definitely a port issue. Something is blocking your connection.

cheers

I hooked up a 10 year old linksys router and chat works fine......... the R1 will not connect to xbox live

chat.

9 minutes ago, DonB_tn said:

Fixing it would be great.............. I actually like the R1........... But... not trying to be rude ........... This problem has been ongoing for over a year............. When can we expect the fix?

I truly like the R1 and DumaOS software............ but when one of the main elements of Multiplayer gaming is not functioning it minimizes the appeal of the system.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DonB_tn said:

Fixing it would be great.............. I actually like the R1........... But... not trying to be rude ........... This problem has been ongoing for over a year............. When can we expect the fix?

I understand that, I don't have an ETA at the moment but we're trying to reproduce it and identify where the issue is coming from

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I understand that, I don't have an ETA at the moment but we're trying to reproduce it and identify where the issue is coming from

When MW cross play came out I began not being able to connect to a party when a player in the chat party was on a computer....... if in the party and a player with a computer entered the chat I would be disconnected from the chat while remaining in the room.........When Cold War was released I could no longer connect with Xbox live to chat .... I can enter the chat room and sometimes briefly hear some audio but then "connecting" is displayed for a minute then an error message of "go to network settings" is displayed.......... 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

my issue still hasnt solved, really cant figure it out....

Are you looking at the Geo-Filter the entire time you're doing it? If so can you disable IPv6 on the router please, then reboot the console and try it again?

On 3/14/2021 at 6:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

When that error message appears have a look at the Geo-Filter, there should be something that appears blocked - it can disappear very quickly, if you allow that then it should fix the issue

Tried it five times......... allowed everything that appeared ........even two sites in what apppears to be GB (not great with geography on maps without names of countries).................... situation is still the same.... no chat audio in chat , says connecting, then check network settings.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, DonB_tn said:

Tried it five times......... allowed everything that appeared ........even two sites in what apppears to be GB (not great with geography on maps without names of countries).................... situation is still the same.... no chat audio in chat , says connecting, then check network settings.

Unfortunately that's something we're going to have to fix then, you can try with Spectating mode/filtering mode disabled and then see if you can connect and once you do then enable filtering mode

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately that's something we're going to have to fix then, you can try with Spectating mode/filtering mode disabled and then see if you can connect and once you do then enable filtering mode

I have used spectating mode to attempt the block.....

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

7 hours ago, DonB_tn said:

I have used spectating mode to attempt the block.....

Tried it five times......... allowed everything that appeared ........even two sites in what apppears to be GB (not great with geography on maps without names of countries).................... situation is still the same.... no chat audio in chat , says connecting, then check network settings............... Nothing appeared as a block.........

• 1 month later...

here i am in may, still hasnt improved really... router also occasionally loses internet on its own. Now i also cant hold my own party at times, someone will join and will be connecting and kick me out saying the same party encountered an error. What is going on????? 

8 hours ago, rjaaayyy said:

here i am in may, still hasnt improved really... router also occasionally loses internet on its own. Now i also cant hold my own party at times, someone will join and will be connecting and kick me out saying the same party encountered an error. What is going on????? 

We're still working on it, apologies for the inconvenience caused! Do you have an Open NAT in-game? Are you still getting this issue with Geo-filter in spectating mode?