Lost connection

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Captain Pickles said:

They're normal entries, you can ignore those.

37 minutes ago, Lewisprotips said:

please find attached requested info

Okay so you're connected to a pure modem (no wifi) is that right? What is the model of the modem?

Just had yet another disconnection. im connected with a modem and then lan cable into router. Then lan cable into PC. There is no name on the modem.

Can this guy commenting get his own thread made or moved as its very confusing and I keep getting notifications.

12 hours ago, Lewisprotips said:

Just had yet another disconnection. im connected with a modem and then lan cable into router. Then lan cable into PC. There is no name on the modem

OK, does it have an interface you can access? Could you try setting a static IP to XR500?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Captain Pickles said:

More disconnects today. 

Do you have another router to put between the modem and XR and see whether it gets any disconnects that way? NG are actively looking at this and I expect they'll have a resolution soon.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Captain Pickles said:

No I literally just paid 350$ to upgrade from the Xr500 because I thought that router was the issue. If you’re telling me it’s a software issue I’m just going to return this and buy a different brand 

It has the indications of the DHCP issue that NG is fixing currently which would make sense as the settings would largely be the same across both.

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, does it have an interface you can access? Could you try setting a static IP to XR500?

I'm unsure how to set a static IP. I'm sure this is an interface I can sign into.

My sky TV seems to be hit alot with disconnections now as well which never happed before.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

What ISP are you with? Is it a modem provided by the ISP? Is that over wireless?

I'm with a company called kcom. And yeah its provided by them. I've never had an issue before. No its plugged into the wall then the telephone line.

12 hours ago, Lewisprotips said:

I'm with a company called kcom. And yeah its provided by them. I've never had an issue before. No its plugged into the wall then the telephone line.

You can usually access it's interface by connecting directly to the ISP router/modem and navigate to the default gateway in your web browser.

You can find your default gateway by going to your command line and entering 'ipconfig'

On 2/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, Netduma Liam said:

You can usually access it's interface by connecting directly to the ISP router/modem and navigate to the default gateway in your web browser.

You can find your default gateway by going to your command line and entering 'ipconfig'

I will look into it. My sky keeps losing connection. What am I doing once I get into the modem?

• Administrators

I meant is the Sky TV connected via wifi? Is it a pure modem (no wifi) or is it a modem/router (wifi)? If a pure modem then you'll need to get static IP details from the ISP if you're on a static IP, if not doing worry about it. If it is a modem/router then it go to LAN Settings and you should be able to set a static/reserved IP there with the XR WAN IP.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I meant is the Sky TV connected via wifi? Is it a pure modem (no wifi) or is it a modem/router (wifi)? If a pure modem then you'll need to get static IP details from the ISP if you're on a static IP, if not doing worry about it. If it is a modem/router then it go to LAN Settings and you should be able to set a static/reserved IP there with the XR WAN IP.

The sky is connected via WiFi. Which is connected through my mesh system which is connected via a LAN cable.

The sky keeps freezing etc and then needs a restart.we have just got a new box to rule it out but it must be something to do with the router as we have also plugged thr old set up back in and everything is fine.

2 hours ago, Lewisprotips said:

The sky is connected via WiFi. Which is connected through my mesh system which is connected via a LAN cable.

The sky keeps freezing etc and then needs a restart.we have just got a new box to rule it out but it must be something to do with the router as we have also plugged thr old set up back in and everything is fine.

OK thanks, were you able to set a static IP to the XR?