Latency - Lag - Issues

Hi,

I have been having a few issues since starting gaming with the GF, we both like to play Warzone together with my sister. Now I am a good player, but there is a issue with something on the internet or my setup. I notice it most times when we are on together but it doesn't always do it. 

For example:

Sometimes on with the GF - I shoot the enemy first, but on the kill cam it shows that I am a good 1-2 seconds behind and none of my shots hit. As you can imagine this is so annoying! 
Sometimes on with the GF - It works totally fine, I shoot first, kill first... etc... 

AS above there is a HUGE difference in my gameplay (Nothing to do with the SBMM as it seems to be the OPPOSITE).. I played with my mates when the GF wasn't on, we was hitting 10kills a game minimum in Diamond lobby.... Find a silver or gold and I hit 20kill gameplay. GF comes online joins us, suddenly I cannot even hit 10 kills - she is a 0.5kd so the lobby has infact become EASIER. AS they are now mostly silver and gold with the odd platinum. Which I should SLAY in with my 2.4kd... but the latency just destroys me as even noobs are shooting me and finishing me. So I am overally unsure if it is due to the both PC's being on the same network, or wheter that is just co-incidence. 

I have tried opening ports, putting my PC into DMZ... Everything and nothing seems to work. This seemed to make the game jolt and jittery.

My setup is as below

BT FTTP - HUWAWI MODEM - WIRE - XR700 - WIRE - PC

I was told it could be double NAT - I checked with BT and apparently I only have a single NAT connection.

My mate who is good with IT tried connecting to my PC and going into settings and sorting things and he is totally confused as to why its happening.

We did a PINGPLOTTER5 to google.com and twitter.com

On google.com I am getting 120ms
On twitter.com I am getting 20ms

Not sure if that info helps but just trying to give all info as I can.

Cheers all in advance

Log.txt

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

A few questions to help us advise properly:

• What is the Huawei modem model?
  • What is the average ping shown by the Geo-Filter and what does the in game ping show when you're playing solo or with friends?
  • Same question above but when you're playing with your GF
  • Are both PCs using the Geo-Filter or only one?

Killcams aren't always accurate representations of what happened unfortunately so can't be used as a reliable indication of an issue. Double NAT is nothing to do with the ISP - double NAT can occur when two routers are connected to each other and each are routing traffic using ports. If I know the model of your modem I can rule that out or determine that as a potential issue. Pings to those different servers can depend on your location or your ISP routing but will keep it in mind. Regarding the IP addresses, what are those exactly - the BT one, is that the IP address assigned to the XR on your modem or the IP used to access the modem? I assume 192.168.1.1 is the IP you use to access the XR?

So,

Huawei doesn't seem to have a model number anywhere, unless its behind it as its screwed to the wall.

Ping7 ms

Host Tick Rate22

Client Tick Rate66

Send Rate76 Kbps

Receive Rate132 Kbps

Thats when on with the GF ill repost when she not on

Ive tried both PC's into Geo-Filter and ive tried just mine into Geo-Filter

I get what your saying with Kill Cams, but trust me i know the difference and it is SO SO SO Noticeable I am a good 1-2 seconds behind. I'm at the level of going 'Pro' once i can sort this issue out so can play with GF still 

Just had a game, i ran into a guy i saw first. I shoot him loads, he shoots me exact same gun, exact same setup. I think maybe hes milliseconds, maybe just one shot... NOPE, the guy had full health and 2 armour still.. His kill cam he saw me SHIT LOADS..... Sister who is a 0.5kd i said to her, the guys shit go get him.... She runs in, he has full health full armour, she gets all the way in, around him and kills him and he shoots her and she wins... On wifi with sky getting about 10mbps. Trust me it is something wrong with the internet 100%... The same thing happens with DIFFERENT routers.. ive tried loads. Which makes me think its something to do with BT. 

image.thumb.png.90f5dee415914311eee8d8781e5a1cbc.png

image.thumb.png.fa50fb53e7d19fb0decca3504fd45ead.png

Just got this error message today! But normally its setup at 70% 70% with when high priority setup and then i normally set my PC to 70% on upload and download on the sliders. 

I have tried also disconnecting all wifi devices just to see if it could be them.

Just had a quick game when the GF went to bed, all of a sudden i was WIPING trios on my own... My team was dead, i wiped out 3 trio teams on my own... Not a chance that would happen at all if the GF was online at same time. I couldn't even take anyone at all 1 on 1 cos i was around 2 seconds behind! 

image.png

Ping in game was around 25ms on the top left, but when i went into admin on the right the ping was around 40ms

This is what proves theres something going on - all lobbies average are very similar.. 

2 days in a row about a 5kd... then suddenly i shoot first, die first and my daily kd now dropped to 2.3kd? 

Difference between the two KD days etc .... 5kd days, i shoot first kill first...

2.3kd lobbys i shoot first, but kill cam shows about a 1-2 second delay!! 

Then, the 21kill game was with my GF... which id also making me assume its not the two PCs being on at the same time and its something else... other thing i may notice which might not be anything is that both days the kids where away, the 2 days at 2.3kd the 2 kids been at home... tablets on etc - but does this then mean that the QoS is faulty? Maybe, maybe its a red herring, maybe its nothing just trying to give every bit of info possible...

Other thing I'm going to try tomorrow, the 2 5kd days i had just reset my modem due to adding an additional socket, the other 2.3kd days are 4 days after the router reset. Again might not be anything but would be annoying if i had to reset my modem every two days.. or i could put it on a timer plug to reset every night at like 2am... 

Whats your thoughts, im just a thick electrician this sort of crazy internet just confuses me! 

Screenshot_20210114-212629_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212620_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212614_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212502_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212451_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Administrators

I think the devices are probably conflicting with each other for some reason. Reboot the router so that QoS comes back up, could you then disable it completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu please and see if you notice a difference at all?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

I reset the router and the QoS still has that crazy message - How do i disable it from the Anti-Bufferbloat please (Sorry again i'm good with wires not with PC's)

May need to do a reset to clear that message - in the top left of the Anti-BB panel is a 3 line icon, click that and there is an option to disable QoS.

So i tried restarting huwawi modem and router and played - still same! Pre aiming people coming around corners, shooting as soon as i see them.. kill cam showing i didnt even shoot them.. so that dosent work.

Going to try your QoS idea tomorrow and see if that sorts it. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

So i tried restarting huwawi modem and router and played - still same! Pre aiming people coming around corners, shooting as soon as i see them.. kill cam showing i didnt even shoot them.. so that dosent work.

Going to try your QoS idea tomorrow and see if that sorts it. 

Okay keep us posted!

With the GF again, and without. Tried both and its same. Its asif even tho my pc is set to take 90% of all bandwidth down and up its taking like the least out of other devices even being setup as a console its the same.

Do we think the router is faulty some how?

My mate has suggested a Netgear SX10 Gaming Switch to try that.. 

It still makes no sense to him why i get 120ms to google.com he is wondering if maybe thats the same to the activision servers or something on pingplotter.

The delay does feel about 1-2 seconds in game so this would make sense

• Administrators

In the Device Manager, click the menu and delete all offline devices. Then in Bandwidth Allocation disable Share Excess, that will allow devices to only take the allocation that you have set them. 90% is too much though as gaming doesn't use much bandwidth and that would leave very little for other devices. You could then see if that gives you a better experience. I think that high ping must be the routing from your ISP.

• Administrators

Ah that's because you're not on the beta, you could try this and see if that helps with the overall issue. Throughput just means your bandwidth/speeds, I don't think it is related to that at all but you could give them a call and see what they say.

I had a play, so it may not be fully internet responsible... I still don't understand how I can set the top tab to 70% and have my PC at 70% of all internet yet be about 5th in the list of what devices are using.

BUT, I have my monitor plugged in with display port - I then have a HDMI to a capture card and then combined the screens using Nvidia Software - So my capture card was basically a separate screen.. But the screen was mirrored as such (IT looked like           [1|2]      rather than     [   1   ]      [    2   ] 

I changed this back to single screen and unplugged the HDMI.. I havent been able to fully try it for long enough but it did FEEL SO MUCH BETTER... Ill keep you updated! =] 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, davemarsden132 said:

I had a play, so it may not be fully internet responsible... I still don't understand how I can set the top tab to 70% and have my PC at 70% of all internet yet be about 5th in the list of what devices are using.

BUT, I have my monitor plugged in with display port - I then have a HDMI to a capture card and then combined the screens using Nvidia Software - So my capture card was basically a separate screen.. But the screen was mirrored as such (IT looked like           [1|2]      rather than     [   1   ]      [    2   ] 

I changed this back to single screen and unplugged the HDMI.. I havent been able to fully try it for long enough but it did FEEL SO MUCH BETTER... Ill keep you updated! =] 

The top percentage will cap the whole connection at 70%. For Bandwidth Allocation, you're saying the PC can use up to 70% of the available bandwidth but because gaming doesn't use much bandwidth it won't need anywhere need that much and you can't force it to use more bandwidth, it will take what it needs.

Ahh interesting! Do keep us posted!

Tried this, this is what I meant as above that I gave my PC 90% traffic prioritization! 

So a mate of mine suggested trying the Netgear SX Gaming Switch to see if maybe it was the router, I plugged this in and trialed... 

I was SHOOTING FIRST, KILLING FIRST..... absolutely SLAYING! Like 20 kills a game type thing, it was so much fun actually shooting people and it shooting them first... That was around 3 days ago, today i tried again... it happened again SHOOT FIRST, DIE FIRST... I literally knew where the guy was, he was camping, i was pre-aiming strafing around the corner, as soon as i saw him i started shooting... He shoots back, i DIE... I'm like WTF nope impossible - I have my loadout gun mac-10 close, he has floor loot shit....

I watch kill cam, I didn't even hit him apparently, didn't do any damage what so ever! 0 Damage, yet I was pre-aiming and shooting. Kill cam shows that I was half way around corner when he killed me. Yet my screen, i'm strafing the corner like a pro.

SO

With this, i'm not too sure what to conclude... maybe you can suggest something other than the usual matey cos ive tried everything in settings as mentioned above, prioritizing my PC and it still dosent prioritize it etc.

1) The Router - I'm doubting this now as even with BT router + the Netgear SX10 Switch... It still happens

2) Hardware - My PC is an absolute animal... 32gb ram, 17 10800, rtx 3070....

3) Ping - My ping always looks nice, if I run a speed test i get 8ms ping..

4) BT - I am wondering if it something to do with my line, what else can cause a 100-200ms delay in game even when my ping is showing ok. Also my ping to google.com is 100ms, what ever server COD uses i'm guessing my ping to them will be 100ms also...

5) Wires - I think these wires are ok because on the SX switch you can run a check and it all seems fine. 

6) Something in my house - This was an option I had, I thought it must be something in my home on my network but with my XR700 I turned of the WIFI and still had the issues.

All in all i'm so confused, i'm no tech expert but I could really do with this sorting as I personally believe i can take my COD into a professional career. The skill i have is like the Pro's if that makes sense, when i don't lag.... I outplay 95% of players. When I lag, I die to 95% of players. My game goes from a 4-5KD down to a 1-2KD just because of my connection! Its so crazy.

Found a website that pings to the cod servers, this is looking like something that makes sense. 

The peak there is 172ms, this is prob right due to me saying so many times 1-2 second delay in game. That graph u can see it starts at 9ms, pings upto 172ms, then settles at about 45ms for abit.

Is this something to do with my PC? 

20210125_154710.jpg

The results from the Netgear switch are interesting, were you connected to the same server when the connection was good vs when the connection was bad again?

Just to confirm what you've mentioned above, you're experiencing the same issues with the BT router and with the XR700?

Also just to confirm, did you disable 'Share Bandwidth Allocation' in QoS when Fraser mentioned it earlier in the thread?

I agree that your ping on the speedtest looks good, I don't know where the google server you're pinging is so I'm not sure whether that's cause for concern or not. If you force a different CoD server, are you seeing the same latency?