Polygon issues

SocomRaised

When I attempt to use this feature and try finding a server in Singapore (currently living in los angeles). For some reason I don't feel like it works. On my geo filter map I see a ping assist server icon and itll usually be in random places besides the square I made around Singapore.  Any idea whats going on?

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of the whole Geo-Filter page please showing your settings? 

When you get a ping assisted game, what ping does that give you? Is it under your limit?

That’s what my geo filter shows. I have my square around Singapore and it finds me a server in the US. 

55F7CCB4-8DDE-4562-AB89-C345FEDE73F6.jpeg

• Administrators

That's odd, it's been caught by Ping Assist. Was Ping Assist enabled/set to a value above 0 while you were on the game and then you changed it and immediately searched for a game? What is the ping to that host?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd, it's been caught by Ping Assist. Was Ping Assist enabled/set to a value above 0 while you were on the game and then you changed it and immediately searched for a game? What is the ping to that host?

I havent switched ping assist at all.  Its been at zero the entire time. Usually between 80-110 is what I get. Theres a server exactly where I made the square, so I don't get how it doesnt work.

• Administrators

Okay do this please:

1. Hard turn off the console (no standby or reset mode, fully powered off)
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the console/game 

Then see if it adheres to your settings properly.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay do this please:

1. Hard turn off the console (no standby or reset mode, fully powered off)
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the console/game 

Then see if it adheres to your settings properly.

Just tried this, still did not work. Putting me in Ping assist servers in the US. 

I'm lurking because I'm having the same issue.  Ping assist server keeps overriding my geofilter settings while ping assist is set on 0

Was also wondering why sometimes I get Server or Allowed Server or Ping Assisted Server? Can you explain these?

5 hours ago, SocomRaised said:

OK will try it out, I know I have attempted to flush the cloud in the past, but it just keeps spinning and spinning. Is that normal?

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback, there are only a few possibilities I can think of - Traffic Controller is being used to allow ALL traffic to the device. Hybrid VPN is applied to the device, both of which could potentially bypass the Geo-Filter. The only other thing I can think is it might actually be pinging at 0 to start with for some reason.

What firmware version are you both on? If .179 did you do a factory reset after upgrading? If not old low level code from the previous version could be causing the issue.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the feedback, there are only a few possibilities I can think of - Traffic Controller is being used to allow ALL traffic to the device. Hybrid VPN is applied to the device, both of which could potentially bypass the Geo-Filter. The only other thing I can think is it might actually be pinging at 0 to start with for some reason.

What firmware version are you both on? If .179 did you do a factory reset after upgrading? If not old low level code from the previous version could be causing the issue.

Spoiler

Your suggestions did work.

My XR500 is on beta version V2.3.2.104

I did have to do a factory reset last night, but I did that before I read this thread.  I was trying to enable Hybrid VPN, but the devices would not stay on the list once I would add them.  

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Keith said:

Reveal hidden contents

Your suggestions did work.

My XR500 is on beta version V2.3.2.104

I did have to do a factory reset last night, but I did that before I read this thread.  I was trying to enable Hybrid VPN, but the devices would not stay on the list once I would add them.  

Great! The latest version for the XR500 is .108. How did you add them exactly and using what browser/device?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I am on R2 3.0.123 

I am assuming I am on the old one?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SocomRaised said:

I am on R2 3.0.123 

I am assuming I am on the old one?

Yes you are, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/ then doing a factory reset for the freshest install. 

On 1/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you are, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/ then doing a factory reset for the freshest install. 

So with the update it stopped putting me in servers outside my polygon, but now I just can't get into any foreign servers at all. 

On 1/14/2021 at 4:45 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Which servers are you targeting? Could you perhaps provide a screenshot?

Well i tried servers outside the US like in Spain, and it wont put me in a game. Now I try to connect to a server in LA, and it takes forever to find a game. Sometimes it wont even put me in a game. 

I basically have to turn off geo filter So i can find a game now. 

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter currently looks like please? Have you got fast search enabled?

Yeah I tried fast search and it’ll put me in different lobbies outside my geo filter.

here’s a photo. 

47C59331-78E5-4B46-B89A-B0621D18CB8F.jpeg

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, have you manually allowed that server in the past? I have that server manually allowed in order for party chat to work, but I don't ever get a game server there.

No I don’t believe I have. I waited about 30 min last night trying to get into a Brazil lobby to see if it worked and it didn’t. It’s really impossible to get into a foreign lobby for me. Could there be something wrong?

• Administrators

As the server is far away the game will try everything to not put you on that server so as you experienced you can wait a long time before it will allow you, so it really depends how long you want to wait. For SBMM purposes I don't think it will work anyway. For PC I would give it the PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and re-add it to the Geo-Filter with the manual option as it may filter better.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As the server is far away the game will try everything to not put you on that server so as you experienced you can wait a long time before it will allow you, so it really depends how long you want to wait. For SBMM purposes I don't think it will work anyway. For PC I would give it the PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and re-add it to the Geo-Filter with the manual option as it may filter better.

Copy, I am playing on PS5 not on PC and I think I already have the device type listed as PlayStation.