Geo Filter PS5 Warzone

Hi there,

since today I am an owner of the nighthawk 500. I just wanted to set up a geo filter for warzone on my ps5.

However, I cant find warzone in the List for the geo filters. I just checked, and I am running the current firmware. It only shows me Call of Duty (PC) in the list for the geo filters.

Did I forget something?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When you add your console it should add automatically with the console service which will allow you to filter for the game. If not go to the Device Manager and make sure the PS5 has the PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and it should work fine.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you add your console it should add automatically with the console service which will allow you to filter for the game. If not go to the Device Manager and make sure the PS5 has the PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and it should work fine.

Thank you it was indeed not set as console. However, when i now add it to the Geo Filter, I can only click on done and no option to select warzone. I can only load call of duty for the whole geo location. Is this the way to go?

7 hours ago, mitchellc756 said:

I also am following these instructions: set my ps5 in the manager to “device type-PlayStation”, going back to geo-filter and trying to find warzone for console and it still says pc only. 

You may need to delete and re-add the profile after changing the device type

I have the xr1000, I have my PlayStation’s device type set as PlayStation but still don’t see war zone option in the geofilter list. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the profile but nothing. Any one else experience this/have a solution? 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Riah275 said:

I have the xr1000, I have my PlayStation’s device type set as PlayStation but still don’t see war zone option in the geofilter list. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the profile but nothing. Any one else experience this/have a solution? 

You won't see a Warzone option, select the manual option once you've changed the device type and it will add to the Geo-Filter with the console service and then you will be able to filter the game.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
29 minutes ago, Rvp4Pres said:

So this method actually works for ps5 to change the Geographical region in Warzone? 

It doesn't change the geographical region but you can force different servers yes. Trying to force servers far away will result in longer search times, higher ping and may not always get you a game.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Rvp4Pres said:

Thank you for the reply. Is there somehow you can do this but stil maintain your low ping? Or is there some way to change the geo region? 

Unfortunately that is a distance problem, if the server is far away it will always be a higher ping than one that is close by. You can use a VPN to change the region but then you have:

1. High ping due to a far away server
  2. Additional ping due to using a VPN 
  3. Potentially not getting games in that location

We always recommend going for the closest/lowest ping servers for the best experience.

19 hours ago, Rvp4Pres said:

So there is no way to change geographical region in the game? 

You can probably change the location you appear to be in, but that won't change the fact that you're physically very distant, and therefore will have high ping.