Netduma r2 not same as it was when I first set it up

anthonys408

On 1/5/2021 at 9:05 PM, anthonys408 said:

My nat type in game also shows up as moderate. I don’t know how to make my nat type open

What game are you playing I can open your nat type in 30 seconds. I did mine as soon as I got my router. 

• Administrators

I've noticed I've repeated myself quite a lot with statements/questions without a direct response, if you don't understand something I have said do let me know and I can simplify it.

Have you experimented with the Congestion Control percentages to see what lowers the ping on your Ping Under Load test value on Connection Benchmark. I still think that it doesn't sound like a network issue and more a hardware issue - are you using an old PS4?

Here is a guide to help with NAT also http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've noticed I've repeated myself quite a lot with statements/questions without a direct response, if you don't understand something I have said do let me know and I can simplify it.

Have you experimented with the Congestion Control percentages to see what lowers the ping on your Ping Under Load test value on Connection Benchmark. I still think that it doesn't sound like a network issue and more a hardware issue - are you using an old PS4?

Here is a guide to help with NAT also http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

No I’m using a PS4 pro. Yea I don’t think I’m fully understanding what your asking. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, anthonys408 said:

I’m trying what you’re suggesting but a error pops up every time

16 minutes ago, anthonys408 said:

Yea I don’t think I might fully understand what your asking sorry. I’ve tried using the auto setup on the congestion control but it never works. 

9 minutes ago, anthonys408 said:

No I’m using a PS4 pro

What error pops up when you try a port forwarding rule, could you take a screenshot please?

No worries, I'll set out some steps to follow, the idea of this is to get the Ping Under Load test in Benchmark to look closer to the Ping Test in Benchmark, both in terms of the graph and the numbers shown. 

1. Go to the QoS page
  2. On the Congestion Control panel click 'Always'
  3. Lower the Download and Upload sliders to 90% each
  4. Go to Connection Benchmark 
  5. Run the test
  6. See how close Ping Under Load and the Ping Test are
  7. If they aren't very close go back to QoS
  8. Lower the Download and Upload sliders by 10% each
  9. Repeat steps 4-8 until Ping Under Load and Ping Test look more similar

It might be worth reinitializing on the PS4 (option in Settings)

• Administrators

Okay thank you and what did you specifically put into port forwarding to get that error?

That is a much better result, was that with 1%? If so then I would suggest you change Congestion Control to Auto Enable so it only applies when gaming.

Yea that’s with both bandwidths set to 1%. When I click add rule on port forwarding I type the last numbers of my consoles IP address. I type my PS4 name. And then it has 4 options with number for the ports. I have no clue which numbers to put. Then I click tcp&udp both and then that error comes up 

4 hours ago, anthonys408 said:

I clicked auto enable but this is what I don’t know what to type on 

A56CCE38-E40C-4F7A-AF00-C75BABF24BC3.jpeg

put call of duty as the name then on destination ip use obviously your ip but make sure its the same ip youre using for your console u need to check that then 3074 in every 4 boxes then protocol theres an option for both tcp and udp which is what i have an it opened my nat, i know its super frustrating at first itll get better