Netduma r2 not same as it was when I first set it up

anthonys408

I’ve had the r2 now for a month and it suddenly stopped being as on point as it was in the first 2-3 weeks. I’ve factory reset it multiple times, switched Ethernet cables, and I’ve even updated it and everything. I am also still getting a bad grade in the connection benchmark and even though a have gigabit internet. But I still get destroyed very quickly when playing FPS games. I know it doesn’t prevent me from getting killed but the time when I’m playing and someone sees me it takes them what seems like 1 ms to spot me and kill fast. 

• Administrators

That's your average ping to the generic google server which is spiking 10-20ms quite frequently. What does the Geo-Filter show for your ping?

What is your exact physical setup? i.e. what is the R2 connected to exactly?

• Administrators

Go on to the Geo-Filter page and at the top of the page click the ? icon and follow the specific Geo-Filter tour. Not sure if you've added your device yet but either way will show you about pinging servers, then let me know what you get there and what games you're playing and what ping they show in game please.

• Administrators

Your radius is quite big so you could probably restrict that a bit further to 1000km which may help. What is the ping shown by the Geo-Filter when you are in a game? What is the ping shown in game i.e. when you're actually playing, running around etc and you go to the menu, what ping is shown?

• Administrators

12ms is a VERY good ping so surprising you're noticing lag. What kind of lag is it? Do you notice if the ping spikes or anything?

Does the NAT in the console network settings show as open? What is the R2 connected to a pure modem (no wifi) or modem/router (wifi)? - If the latter how did you setup the modem/router to ensure the R2 gets an open NAT?

• Administrators

Do you notice if the ping spikes or anything?

Does the NAT in the console network settings show as open? What is the R2 connected to a pure modem (no wifi) or modem/router (wifi)? - If the latter how did you setup the modem/router to ensure the R2 gets an open NAT?

Are you using QoS? Moderate in game is most likely a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter as the console has an open NAT.

That is very odd lag for a 12 ms game, have you tried forcing other servers?

• Administrators

How did you setup the modem/router to ensure the R2 gets an open NAT?

Moderate in game is most likely a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter as the console has an open NAT so ignore that.

That ping is very good, both direct to the server and the what the server shows which indicates it isn't under load either. You said things don't load, that sounds more like a hardware issue as the whole game is downloaded/rendered on the console. 

I'd suggest using Congestion Control on Always and experimenting with the percentages to see what brings the Ping Under Load test down as much as possible on benchmark.

• Administrators

The ISP modem, did you put that in modem/bridge mode, IP passthrough or put the R2 in the DMZ to ensure an Open NAT through the devices on the R2? Have you changed any settings on the ISP modem since you've got the R2?