Netduma R2 drops connection, then locks up.

roaringkaiju

Hi, I've been having this problem since I got the router a couple weeks ago. It'll drop the internet connection on both wireless and wifi, then become inaccessible, unable to connect to log into the router until it's unplugged, then plugged back in. I've flashed the new firmware, did a factory reset, and the problem has persisted. It was doing it every 2-3 days, now it's doing it daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Just to clarify, wired devices also disconnect?

What is your exact physical setup? What is the R2 plugged into? - What is the model of that modem/router?

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, roaringkaiju said:

Wired and wireless both drop at the same time. The R2 is plugged into an Arris Surfboard SBV3202.

Thanks for the information, could you access the Arris interface please and on the 'CM Feature' tab please disable Energy Efficient Ethernet, then reboot the R2 and see if that fixes it.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, roaringkaiju said:

Did that, gave it a few days, but it's still dropping both wired and wireless every 24-36 hours or so.

Okay now on the R2, in DHCP settings for DHCP lease change that to 168hours please then reboot and see if it goes longer without disconnects.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:42 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay now on the R2, in DHCP settings for DHCP lease change that to 168hours please then reboot and see if it goes longer without disconnects.

Did that, still having the disconnect issue. I was able to log into the router this time through wifi and grabbed the log, attaching that to this post.

log-1610602163774.txt

hello so ive seen alot of posts about this problem and i have made my own post and still mines i have to reset every day i was told to change my ip lease time to one week instead of 24 hrs and no luck there, im just wondering if alot of people are having this problem and i understand its not easy fix but if you put a feature to auto restart whenever u want it just restarts for now i think alot of people will be okay with that fix because its getting really annoying especially when you are in class :(

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Biird said:

hello so ive seen alot of posts about this problem and i have made my own post and still mines i have to reset every day i was told to change my ip lease time to one week instead of 24 hrs and no luck there, im just wondering if alot of people are having this problem and i understand its not easy fix but if you put a feature to auto restart whenever u want it just restarts for now i think alot of people will be okay with that fix because its getting really annoying especially when you are in class :(

That feature has been requested before so we may implement it in the future. It seems to be more people who have a pure modem, if you have an old router then you can put it in between the modem and the R2 and it may stop the disconnects. We are looking into it though and should hopefully have it sorted for the next version.