Setting up R2 with ISP 2 in 1 Router/Modem

Hello everyone, my name is Anthony and i recently purchase a Netduma R2 for my household. I quickly realized that once i put my ISP router/modem in Bridge mode that the Wi-Fi coverage in my home from the R2 is quite bad. I live in a bungalow style home built in the 60s. My bedroom in the corner of the house is where i have the R2 stationed, as that's where my setup is. I really want to be able to use the amazing features of DUMA OS, but I need good Wi-Fi coverage in my home as well. Should i maybe put my ISP router/modem in another mode other than Bridge mode such as DMZ (although I don't quite know what the pros and cons of that mode is) or should I look into Wi-Fi extenders or perhaps use an older router that i have as another access point? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance,

Anthony Potamianos

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're not getting the range that you'd like. WiFi extenders are good options or another router behind the R2 in AP mode then you can use all the features of the R2. You could have the ISP router using DMZ and then use the WiFi on that but the R2 would not be able to control all the devices effectively.