R2 not working

liveandletdie34

• Administrators

May be best to do it on a PC as I'm not sure how optimized the interface will be with mobile. Can you show 2 more screenshots, one with dumaos ticked and then another after you've added the rule for it - try it on PC first just in case that works.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

May be best to do it on a PC as I'm not sure how optimized the interface will be with mobile. Can you show 2 more screenshots, one with dumaos ticked and then another after you've added the rule for it - try it on PC first just in case that works.

1247579864_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.bcf76b13e7395ca1dbbc36c52985a1c5.png136769071_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.2f9b2f48ab90cea416c31829470af5b2.png

• Administrators

That's very odd, I have the V Hub and that works fine for me. Okay so in the router WAN Settings change it to static and use 

and that will set it on the router side so it won't change and the DMZ will always apply.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's very odd, I have the V Hub and that works fine for me. Okay so in the router WAN Settings change it to static and use 

and that will set it on the router side so it won't change and the DMZ will always apply.

Do you mean WAN settings in the R2

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Yes exactly.

23 minutes ago, avibhattacharya said:

I sent an email yesterday (12/28) with a problem that R2 is not working at all and I haven't received any response from the team. I have also mentioned my order number in my email for reference.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Due to the holidays responses are delayed but they will get back to you. Could you explain what the issue is exactly please?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes exactly.

Due to the holidays responses are delayed but they will get back to you. Could you explain what the issue is exactly please?

2 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Do I still keep the hub in router mode and also the R2 wan ip in the hubs dmz

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay just remove that then and leave it as is, if you notice the NAT go anything but open in the future then just double check the router IP and update the DMZ if needed.

Wasn’t the Nat that was the problem Fraser. It’s the disconnection problems

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be you need to reboot the router after entering that static information actually so enter again and then reboot and then you should have a connection.

I am sure I did try that and because I didn’t have a connection I had to reset the hub and R2

• Administrators

Okay no worries, instead, on the V hub on the same page for reserving addresses, change the lease time seconds to 604800. That will adjust the lease time from 1 day to a week, then see if you get less disconnections please.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:53 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes exactly.

Initiallly, I was getting internet connection from the netduma r2 perfectly fine and the router had power source, internet and both the wifi LEDs all light up.

So, everything working perfectly fine.

However, as soon as I tried to open up //DumaOS from my chrome browser after connecting my laptop to the netduma r2 wifi I was presented with an unusual error message for the very first time ever.

I was unable to get into the netduma r2 router homepage and I was getting an error "Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version' "

This is the first time I ever saw this error message.

So, I went ahead and tried to reboot the netduma r2 router by manually unplugging it from the power source and then waiting for 30 secs and then plugging back in.

When eventually the router came back up it only had the power led on and the internet led on but not the wifi LEDs. 

So, I went ahead and unplugged the router again and now I unplugged my upstream xfinity router/modem too. Waited for 30 secs and then plugged back in my xfinity router/modem and then waited till it booted up. Ensured that I am able to get internet from the xfinity modem/router after connecting to it's wifi from my laptop and then opening up a website.

After that, I plugged back in the netduma r2 and waited for the LEDs to come back on. Once again it was only the LED for power source and internet that light up but not the wifi LEDs.

So, I went ahead and disabled wifi from my laptop and connected my laptop through an ethernet cable directly to the netduma r2. Then I waited for a bit for the computer to identify the network but it failed to do so. I ran ipconfig to see if I can find anything and it said no internet connection.

Then I plugged the ethernet cable from my laptop to my xfinity modem/router to ensure that my laptop's ethernet port is functional and I could confirm that it is when I could successfully get a connection and open up a website from my laptop.

After this, I unplugged my laptop and switched back it's wifi.

I went ahead and pressed on the reset button on the netduma r2 and held it for 30 secs. After I released the reset button, I didn't see either of the 2 LEDs (power or internet) flicker which it normally does when I rebooted the router through DumaOS initially when I got the new router from you to make sure its all working properly.

So, this led me to believe that my attempt to factory reset the netduma r2 didn't work and it didn't reboot.

But for my own sanity I went ahead and manually rebooted it and still landed up with only the power and internet LEDs light up.

I tried to check if I am getting any wifi from the router even though their corresponding LEDs were not on, and I couldn't get any.

I once again tried hard wiring my laptop to the netduma r2 and experienced the same no connectivity error.

I have documented this in my email too.

I emailed to [email protected] from my email address [email protected].

For your reference my order # 28420.

thanks

Edited by avibhattacharya
Adding more details

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, at the end where you connected it to ethernet again were you able to access the interface then? If so once you get through the setup wizard does the WiFi appear?

No, still no internet from the netduma r2 router through the various stages of troubleshooting process and still no internet from the r2 router. In fact though out the process when I have my router connected to my laptop via ethernet I cannot even access the DumaOS homepage and my laptop connection shows up as no internet detected. So, I am unable to get any sort of homepage or setup screen from the DumaOS (like I did the very first time I set the router up)

• Administrators
14 hours ago, avibhattacharya said:

No, still no internet from the netduma r2 router through the various stages of troubleshooting process and still no internet from the r2 router. In fact though out the process when I have my router connected to my laptop via ethernet I cannot even access the DumaOS homepage and my laptop connection shows up as no internet detected. So, I am unable to get any sort of homepage or setup screen from the DumaOS (like I did the very first time I set the router up)

Follow this guide (control panel option) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/ to set a static IP on your PC so you can try to access the interface, use these details:

IP 192.168.77.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1

Then try to access it and let us know the results.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Follow this guide (control panel option) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/ to set a static IP on your PC so you can try to access the interface, use these details:

IP 192.168.77.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1

Then try to access it and let us know the results.

I tried setting up static ip and i still get the same issue of no internet from netduma r2.

Then I tried to hook up my old netduma r1 using the same ethernet port of my xfinity router/modem that I am using to hook up my netduma r2, and I could successfully get internet out of my netduma r1.

I can theoretically continue using my netduma r1 in the interim, but i would love to use the new upgraded netduma r2 that i bought and take advantage of the dumaOS 3.x which unfortunately is not available on the netduma r1.

So, i think its more of a hardware problem on my purchased netduma r2. But of course, i may be wrong and there must be some better explanation that the netduma dev team might have regarding the root cause of this issue.

Is my netduma r2 device still under replacement warranty? Can you please confirm that by looking at my order number? If that's the case would you be please kind enough to replace my netduma r2 device?