Backup the config - R2

kgrm

Hi, 

I have spent a lot of time configuring the R2 and I would like to know if I can backup the current config in case I need to upgrade or do a "factory reset".

Cheers, 

Kenneth R.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It isn't currently possible but it is something we'll be looking into and implementing at some point. Most changes should be pretty quick to complete. Is there anything you would want to be saved specifically?

Yes, I would like to save the DHCP server configuration (hostnames, static IPs) 

13 hours ago, kgrm said:

Yes, I would like to save the DHCP server configuration (hostnames, static IPs) 

OK Great, thanks for letting us know.

As Fraser said, this is something we'll be looking to implement at some stage, in the meantime the best thing would probably be to screenshot the configuration you've got or note them down in a text file so you can paste the addresses back in if you ever have to factory reset.

• 10 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 7:12 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK Great, thanks for letting us know.

As Fraser said, this is something we'll be looking to implement at some stage, in the meantime the best thing would probably be to screenshot the configuration you've got or note them down in a text file so you can paste the addresses back in if you ever have to factory reset.

So can we save configs now or not? This is just insane. Your solution to a number of problems is to factory reset, and you say this "meantime the best thing would probably be to screenshot the configuration" I have to be taking crazy pills.  I've worked in a software and systems space for 10 years now at massive companies. This is wild to see something like this. And these problems linger for years. I've seen this kind of thing before. Someone in your leadership chain is out of touch or they cashed out and they're hanging around. Youre not brining in the development staff you need or you have poor project management and youre not driving outcomes. For a company to put out a product, shrug their shoulders at most problems and say factory reset all the time is just nuts. You can't even back up your configs!? What is happening.

6 minutes ago, lewrya said:

So can we save configs now or not? This is just insane. Your solution to a number of problems is to factory reset, and you say this "meantime the best thing would probably be to screenshot the configuration" I have to be taking crazy pills.  I've worked in a software and systems space for 10 years now at massive companies. This is wild to see something like this. And these problems linger for years. I've seen this kind of thing before. Someone in your leadership chain is out of touch or they cashed out and they're hanging around. Youre not brining in the development staff you need or you have poor project management and youre not driving outcomes. For a company to put out a product, shrug their shoulders at most problems and say factory reset all the time is just nuts. You can't even back up your configs!? What is happening.

You can save device information and restore that on the R2, there isn't currently a way to save and restore network configuration however. I've responded to your post in the other topic, though if you'd like to troubleshoot the issues you're having it may be best to open a new topic.

• 1 year later...