Issue with 5ghz

voomz

Hi, I am using the netduma r2. When I factory reset the device i get 2.4ghz and 5ghz, however the internet connection will suddenly stop after a couple of minutes, so I unplug the r2 and plug it back in. When it comes back on I only get 2.4ghz.

I have updated to 3.0.179 before doing the factory reset and after the reset it still says i am using 3.0.179 so I assume i don't need to update again.

Hey Voomz,

Welcome to the forum!

In Network Settings -> WiFi, you can choose to either combine both bands into one or broadcast them separately. If you want both bands available separately, deselect "Mirror settings on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz" and you can then configure each band to your preference.

If you were having problems with the 5Ghz band specifically, consider changing the channel width to 20Mhz. We've identified a bug with the higher bands which we are in the process of fixing.

a5GHz

Okay thanks. Changing the 5ghz channel width to 20Mhz appears to have fixed the issue. Thank you.

So now the 2.4ghz channel width is 40Mhz and the 5ghz channel is 20Mhz. Should this be the case?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, voomz said:

Okay thanks. Changing the 5ghz channel width to 20Mhz appears to have fixed the issue. Thank you.

So now the 2.4ghz channel width is 40Mhz and the 5ghz channel is 20Mhz. Should this be the case?

Great to hear that! If that is what works for you that is fine, it doesn't have to be a specific way.

1 hour ago, voomz said:

You need to scan your area with a WiFi analyser, if there are lots of neighbouring Wi-Fi channels using the 2.4 then it’s best to turn that to 20 MHz as all you will do is have interference from your neighbours and you causing interference to them which results poor performance. 

7 minutes ago, Newfie said:

You need to scan your area with a WiFi analyser, if there are lots of neighbouring Wi-Fi channels using the 2.4 then it’s best to turn that to 20 MHz as all you will do is have interference from your neighbours and you causing interference to them which results poor performance. 

Okay, so if I turn 2.4ghz to 20MHz can 5ghz also be set to 20MHz?