There are no Servers showing in my Geo Filter.

Cant get GEO FILTER to work.  I can see great servers in the Heat Map with pings in the teens....but Geo Filter shows ZERO sewrvers.  When Playing WARZONE it's just luck of the draw for servers.  Xbox will search for games starting at a ping in the 20's but then I'll end up on a server with a 90 Latency.  I'm hard wired direct from the XR1000 to my xbox, live in So Ca with a 900 downland 40 up load speed.  Anyone else having the same issue?

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.39.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.36.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.35.19 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dustin said:

I’m experiencing similar results.  With my new R2.  We’ll get to this after our current discussion.  Saw this and felt I should vouch for this situation.

Is this in Warzone? We recently updated our CoD server locations so I'd suggest flushing the cloud and checking again.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When adding a console use the Manual option which will add it with the games console service and it should then filter properly.

Sorry, don't yet understand Manual option.  Working with this now and will report back.  Thanks.  Flushing cloud first per your suggestion.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Sorry, don't yet understand Manual option.  Working with this now and will report back.  Thanks.  Flushing cloud first per your suggestion.

When you add the device it will give you the option of recommended or manual, choose manual. Okay keep us posted.

I've read the manual on geo filtering and it appears to be as simple as setting a home location.  It does not address polygon mode.  I've done the ping heatmap and the three areas I've defined are where the 19 - 23ms servers are located for CoD Modern Warfare.  As you can see in the video, before and during the game, the geo filter map appears to be displaying very little or nothing at times if I recall.  Please watch the video.  The ping I"m seeing in the game is consistent with what I'd see in my old Linksys router.  I'm not noticing any difference in performance.  According to the manual, it should be noticeable.  This further makes me suspect along with the UI performance issues I'm seeing suspect my unit is not performing as it should.  As soon as the video finishes uploading to YouTube I'll edit it into this post.  It's possible I'm not doing it correctly of course.  Please review the video carefully once it's posted and advise.  Thanks.

Edit: added video.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you add the device it will give you the option of recommended or manual, choose manual. Okay keep us posted.

I'm not seeing this.  Might you be able to share a screenshot please?  Thanks.

• Administrators

Polygon mode is a new feature, that's why it isn't mentioned in the guide currently. You do have 19ms to that server which is very good, in game ping is different as it adds things like processing delay etc. If that server doesn't work well for you then force a different one instead. What is your Connection Benchmark results?

Ah sorry, give your PC a PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and then when you add it you will see that option.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Polygon mode is a new feature, that's why it isn't mentioned in the guide currently. You do have 19ms to that server which is very good, in game ping is different as it adds things like processing delay etc. If that server doesn't work well for you then force a different one instead. What is your Connection Benchmark results?

Ah sorry, give your PC a PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and then when you add it you will see that option.

Thanks.  That does appear to be effective for the PC.  The Xbox on the other hand I've not yet figured that out.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there an issue you're having specifically with the Xbox?

Unknown.  Need to play with it more.  I have noticed with ping assist set to 28 I’m seen ping in the high 40’s at times.  Typically I get low 30’s.  The tech does work and my brother & I partied up Saturday night and could feel a difference in CoD on Shipment for sure.  Not so much in other games of CoD that night.  Overall it’s worth the price.  I won 1v1 gunfights I’m confident I’d normally have lost.

also, I was wrong about DNS not being pointed to my Pi-Hole.  I rebuilt it and it’s working as expected.  My apologies for asserting otherwise in the other thread.  Technology will humble one in a hurry.  Initially I was afraid I’d wasted my money.  Now I see I need time to get to know it and get it dialed in.  Thanks to all of you folks for bearing with me.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dustin said:

Unknown.  Need to play with it more.  I have noticed with ping assist set to 28 I’m seen ping in the high 40’s at times.  Typically I get low 30’s.  The tech does work and my brother & I partied up Saturday night and could feel a difference in CoD on Shipment for sure.  Not so much in other games of CoD that night.  Overall it’s worth the price.  I won 1v1 gunfights I’m confident I’d normally have lost.

also, I was wrong about DNS not being pointed to my Pi-Hole.  I rebuilt it and it’s working as expected.  My apologies for asserting otherwise in the other thread.  Technology will humble one in a hurry.  Initially I was afraid I’d wasted my money.  Now I see I need time to get to know it and get it dialed in.  Thanks to all of you folks for bearing with me.

That's great to hear! No need to apologize at all, happy to help.

Just to give you an idea of how Ping Assist works and why you may sometimes see pings higher than the value. Ping Assist pings the server as soon as it can, now sometimes the ping will report lower and then go higher due to normal fluctuations. As the first ping reports as being below your value then it allows it even if it later goes above that value. It doesn't happen all the time but it is a possibility.