What is happening with ND support for Destiny 2?

willphule

As it stands now it seems to do literally nothing. I still connect to slow servers that I have banned that are half way around the world (17b97a4556b61419), geofence doesn't seem to work, whether I have strict on or not. Ping assist seems to work but because I am connecting to banned servers on the other side of the planet everything just seems off. Just wondering where we are at with it. Any of the devs playing at all?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum! 

What version are you currently running? I think I'll need to request input from the devs on this one.

I am hardly new here, but thanks for the welcome!
 I am running R2 3.0.138 I didn't even realize I was behind until now, I will install the update today and see if anything changes.

25 minutes ago, Newfie said:

It’s peer to peer. A known issue that is being worked on.

Actually it is a hybrid model and it hasn't really been worked on (as far as I can tell anyway) since D2 changed things up on the networking side in March . This remains a huge issue for PC players. 

9 minutes ago, willphule said:

Actually it is a hybrid model and it hasn't really been worked on (as far as I can tell anyway) since D2 changed things up on the networking side in March . This remains a huge issue for PC players. 

Most people play fine, Destiny is a game that’s always been a tad hard on Duma.

4 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Most people play fine, Destiny is a game that’s always been a tad hard on Duma.

We will have to agree to disagree. ND got a huge boost from the Destiny community back in the day and it worked like a charm back then. D2 has always been a bit more sketchy with the intro of PCs but it still worked when it came out...now, not so much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 10:57 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure you do a factory reset after upgrading. It's still looking like we have to make actual changes to the Geo-Filter, I'll ask to see if there is an update.

Why would you need to do a factory reset after upgrading? That doesnt even sound right. Please explain the reasoning behind this!

9 hours ago, ktaylor2 said:

Why would you need to do a factory reset after upgrading? That doesnt even sound right. Please explain the reasoning behind this!

In very simple terms, old low level code is removed from the NVram after a reset. It’s not mandatory to do a reset but if you notice an issue it’s a good starting point.