Connection to the server timed out

Netplays

• Administrators

Ah is this specific to Apex Legends? They did an update so if you Geo-Filter currently it may cause errors, we need to do a cloud update to resolve it at the moment. I would suggest disabling Filtering Mode and selecting the server in the game instead but you can still ping the server on the Geo-Filter.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting this error too. I don't know exactly why, but see it more often than not after a match and just as I am being redirected back to the lobby, I then need to reconnect to get back to the lobby.

Apex seems to be known for allocating players to other servers not selected in game, so the R2 works very well to stop this and I have noticed a much improved stability in game. Not God-like performance mind you, just back up to the level of normal people, which is fine.

What isn't so cool, is the general R2 connection instability, which I understand a resolution is being worked on for?

2 hours ago, Unfinished said:

I'm getting this error too. I don't know exactly why, but see it more often than not after a match and just as I am being redirected back to the lobby, I then need to reconnect to get back to the lobby.

Apex seems to be known for allocating players to other servers not selected in game, so the R2 works very well to stop this and I have noticed a much improved stability in game. Not God-like performance mind you, just back up to the level of normal people, which is fine.

What isn't so cool, is the general R2 connection instability, which I understand a resolution is being worked on for?

Thanks for letting us know, which firmware version are you running?

We are constantly working towards the connection instability issue but thank you for mentioning that you are also experiencing it. Have you followed the troubleshooting advice in threads pertaining to this issue?

I've tried everything suggested and then some, it's a router issue for sure. I'm just waiting for an improved firmware, otherwise if things continue as they are, it's time to RMA the device.

The biggest issue is the stability and with children on lockdown trying to access their online learning, it cannot be trusted for stable connections.

It's a shame really, because the potential is great and I can see the benefits when it works. The problem is that it doesn't always work.

51 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I've tried everything suggested and then some, it's a router issue for sure. I'm just waiting for an improved firmware, otherwise if things continue as they are, it's time to RMA the device.

The biggest issue is the stability and with children on lockdown trying to access their online learning, it cannot be trusted for stable connections.

It's a shame really, because the potential is great and I can see the benefits when it works. The problem is that it doesn't always work.

No worries, it's a high priority issue for us but unfortunately it's also a complicated one! 

You are welcome to request a replacement, but it's no guarantee that it will fix the problem at this time!

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Unfinished said:

I appreciate the efforts to resolve the issue, but this is beyond frustrating.

Would I have a better experience with an XR500?

It is a cloud issue so nothing to do with the particular router in use, we are working on it though I assure you.