Xr1000 reset button not working + Qos not working

I don’t think Qos works properly on the xr1000. I say this becuase other features don’t work properly either. 

I use congestion control and I check dsl reports also with connection benchmark and it’s the same high upload ping spikes. 

Also, the reset button on the back doesn’t work unless I factory reset and it only works the first time then stops working. 

QoS is definitely bugged cause I get 3k bandwidth on cod even though no one is using the internet. I have 500/900

I’ve owned an R2 and that thing was beast when it came to QoS. The traffic prio was buggy but at least it worked on reducing congestion. The xr doesn’t work or something. And that third processor for dpi is either horrible for PS4 or just horrible in general. I’m hoping it’s the first one and ps5 will be better cause it’s newer tech

Guest Killhippie
53 minutes ago, fiefo said:

I don’t think Qos works properly on the xr1000. I say this becuase other features don’t work properly either. 

I use congestion control and I check dsl reports also with connection benchmark and it’s the same high upload ping spikes. 

Also, the reset button on the back doesn’t work unless I factory reset and it only works the first time then stops working. 

QoS is definitely bugged cause I get 3k bandwidth on cod even though no one is using the internet. I have 500/900

What’s 3k bandwidth how did you reset your router if it doesn’t reset if the rest button does not work. You use a paper clip into that small hole hold for 30 seconds let go wait for the router to boot fully then enter your settings. Also contact @Netduma Fraser He has a beta firmware to help this router. He should see this post now I’ve tagged him. After updating reset but once only it does not need multiple resets.

• Administrators

Re-upload the firmware using TFTP https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this will bypass the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset from the interface. This will give you the freshest install possible, then see if you have any issues please.

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, VVarrior said:

248115533_xr1000firmwareworked.png.2863f7bac7af66a329035e9e0c3f355e.png it looks like this firmware fix it the loading part  but looks like connection benchmark upload is still glitch no matter what percent i set it to its still the same results is it possible to add other type of qos like fq_codel ect..?? @Netduma Fraser

benchmark.png

No, this router does not support third part software. a Dynamic QoS is in the pipeline but no idea when that will arrive.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, VVarrior said:

248115533_xr1000firmwareworked.png.2863f7bac7af66a329035e9e0c3f355e.png it looks like this firmware fix it the loading part  but looks like connection benchmark upload is still glitch no matter what percent i set it to its still the same results is it possible to add other type of qos like fq_codel ect..?? @Netduma Fraser

benchmark.png

We're still working on improving that for the firmware so you can ignore that for the moment. As above regarding other QoS algorithms.

21 hours ago, Killhippie said:

No, this router does not support third part software. a Dynamic QoS is in the pipeline but no idea when that will arrive.

A dynamic will work great like that I could give my devices highest to low to prioritize instead of sharing all bandwidth with all devices

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still working on improving that for the firmware so you can ignore that for the moment. As above regarding other QoS algorithms.

Sounds good also can you guys take a look at the qos is like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't the spike for bufferbloat sometimes are just unstable when ever I do a test with multiple tools sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I always have qos on it migth have a bit of a bug 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use the new Auto Setup for the XR1000, use the Advanced aspect to fine tune your settings and see what results you can get, should be much more effective now.

Going to try that today I was going to ask how do I allow my friends in the geofilter that are not in my radius of the bubble ? besides turning of filtermode off and strict mode off is there a way around it?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, VVarrior said:

Going to try that today I was going to ask how do I allow my friends in the geofilter that are not in my radius of the bubble ? besides turning of filtermode off and strict mode off is there a way around it?

Disable Auto Ping in the Map options, then with Filtering Mode on of off invite them to your lobby, the icon that appears, click on it, give it a name and click allow. Then do that for each friend. Then re-enable the Filter if applicable, quickly restart the game. Then from then on you'll be able to play with them without needing to disable the filter.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Auto Ping in the Map options, then with Filtering Mode on of off invite them to your lobby, the icon that appears, click on it, give it a name and click allow. Then do that for each friend. Then re-enable the Filter if applicable, quickly restart the game. Then from then on you'll be able to play with them without needing to disable the filter.

thanks i tried the auto setup these are setting i put put no matter what percent the upload went to it still wouldn't drop the ping for buffer bloat 936338798_uploadisstillbugged.png.f47d6fe09dd0abc390a9d1fded3b7012.png554890723_autoqossettings.png.df7fde0ac2b7815dfac631830adf02e1.png

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, VVarrior said:

thanks i tried the auto setup these are setting i put put no matter what percent the upload went to it still wouldn't drop the ping for buffer bloat 

What is your Idle ping shown on Connection Benchmark and what was the target ping for that test? 

Also change spike size to 10ms.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay I think it's that bug still. Use DSL Reports instead with QoS to find what eliminates lag as much as possible while we resolve this issue.

For some odd reason dsl report don't read my bufferbloat it just grades quality and overall which is A+ on both but bufferbloat it just gray with no grade

47 minutes ago, VVarrior said:

For some odd reason dsl report don't read my bufferbloat it just grades quality and overall which is A+ on both but bufferbloat it just gray with no grade

I get that at times, other times is greys out speed. It’s not that great at times to be honest and seems a bit hit or miss. Try it with a different browser to see if that helps. I’ve ran tests with my friend and we both get different greyed out circles.

we use this sites test.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com

11 hours ago, Newfie said:

I get that at times, other times is greys out speed. It’s not that great at times to be honest and seems a bit hit or miss. Try it with a different browser to see if that helps. I’ve ran tests with my friend and we both get different greyed out circles.

we use this sites test.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com

thanks all give a try see how it does 

On 11/22/2020 at 6:04 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay I think it's that bug still. Use DSL Reports instead with QoS to find what eliminates lag as much as possible while we resolve this issue.

2057533770_bandwidthallocation.png.9a9b8f9ecf4d58a299f0987e34784a5a.png

once i found the  idlle that macthes my upload and download on  qos what should i set this to if am gaming ?