High ping

Legend21

I have a 5g connection that connect it to Netduma R2. The speed test on the 5g connection gives me a 9 ms ping. When i do the connection test on the Netduma i get + 90 ms.

where is the problem here and how i can solve it?

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forum!

So you're using a 5G modem with the R2? What connection test are you using that gives you a 9ms ping? If you run the same test through the Netduma R2, are the results similar?

i run the test on https://www.speedtest.net/ for both 5g and netduma are 9 ms but when i do connection benchmark on dumaOS i get higher pings, above 70ms. Maybe its just an error?

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Legend21 said:

i run the test on https://www.speedtest.net/ for both 5g and netduma are 9 ms but when i do connection benchmark on dumaOS i get higher pings, above 70ms. Maybe its just an error?

The benchmark test is using the Google server to determine the ping - not the closest server to you like speedtest.net so that is why the pings will be differ so you probably have bad routing to the Google server or are far away from it. I think in future we'll give more options regarding this to improve the results for example for people in your situation.

Just to clarify, the R2 connection benchmark is run on a Google server and not necessarily one as close as a game server?

I have A+ speed and ping, but D on ping under load. Granted, I don't have very good connection speeds at the best of times (17mbpsD/2mbpsU).

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

Just to clarify, the R2 connection benchmark is run on a Google server and not necessarily one as close as a game server?

I have A+ speed and ping, but D on ping under load. Granted, I don't have very good connection speeds at the best of times (17mbpsD/2mbpsU).

Yes that is right - the speed part uses a different server but both ping tests use the Google server.

You will need to adjust your Congestion Control settings to find what lowers that as much as possible. As your speeds are slower that's why you've got a bad result immediately as the connection would be easily saturated.