2 routers, 1 modem

Hello Yall,

I want to connect my to gaming router on this way, see the picture.

I tryed with UPNP ON in my ISP modem and UPNP ON on each router and I can not get open NAT

If you put one in DMZ mode, I can get open NAT.

My question is, How should I config the modem with the R2 to keep UPNP ON on my router and get all good port forwarding.

I have my whole familly to connect it, I mean tablet, cell phone, portable, PS3, PS4 Chorme cast, gaming PC etc etc...

I want to separate my network because, me, I want to configure my router without mess with the other device.

I want to connect my PS4, PS3 and gaming PC right in my XR500 and the other stuff in my R2 for the WIFI, should I put the R2 in AP mode ?

image.png.9b931ea5e230c5a91dd8a7a8b7b4a632.png

On 11/13/2020 at 2:02 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I would really recommend ISP modem/router > R2 > XR500 (AP mode). That should give you an open NAT and the extra range for WiFi.

Thats exactly how I have mine set up , dm200 set to modem only then R2 and xr500 in ap mode into my r2 using that for WiFi works great open nat 

17 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Thats exactly how I have mine set up , dm200 set to modem only then R2 and xr500 in ap mode into my r2 using that for WiFi works great open nat 

Similar to mine. I have DM200 (not in modem mode, could never get a connection for some reason) Belkin FT (with my consoles ethernet'd to) and Asus RT in AP mode for the wifi.

hello, I tried the ISP modem connection - R2 - XR500 (apmode) this weekend
the problem is that I often lost the WIFI.
I tried with mirror on and off. No difference.
For the moment, because we need WIFI (telework and home school) I reconnected everyone to the ISP's wifi.
I had closed the wifi on the R2, just kept the wired connection.
I also had 2 or 3 restart of the R2 just this weekend.
before we used the WIFI of the ISP modem and I kept the R2 just for my PC and PS4 no WIFI. I had never noticed any problem. but with the addition of the whole family on the XR500 in AP mode and the R2 as a switch, it didn't really work
Ideas ???
Thanks again for your excellent work

On 11/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, DanyKTM said:

For the moment, because we need WIFI (telework and home school) I reconnected everyone to the ISP's wifi.
before we used the WIFI of the ISP modem and I kept the R2 just for my PC and PS4 no WIFI. I had never noticed any problem. but with the addition of the whole family on the XR500 in AP mode and the R2 as a switch, it didn't really work
Ideas ???

So your 

On 11/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, DanyKTM said:

Ideas ???

Make sure your R2 WIFI SETTINGS are off  GO THEN TO ADVANCED WIFI TAKE THEM OFF FOR 2.4 AND 5G when I set mine ip this is what I did. I set up my XR500 WITH MY DM200 IN MODEM MODE ONCE MY XR500  WAS ALL SET UP I THEN CHANGED IT TO AP MODE. THEN UNPLUGGED FROM THE MODEN  LEFT IT ASIDE POWERED ON. THEN I SET UP MY R2 TO MY DM200 ,  DM200 STILL IN MODEM MODE. SET UP MY R2 ONCE SET UP, I THEN REBOOTED SO ITS ALL FRESH THEN I WENT INTO GENERAL WIFI SETTINGS TUNED OFF THEN ADVANCED WIFI SETTINGS SWITCHED ALL OFF 2.4 AND 5G THEN I PLUGGED MY XR500 INTO MY R2 AND THE WIFI IS GREAT 

On 11/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, N3CR0 said:

Similar to mine. I have DM200 (not in modem mode, could never get a connection for some reason) Belkin FT (with my consoles ethernet'd to) and Asus RT in AP mode for the wifi.

Oh but you won't get a connection, what you have to do is go into your R2 AND THEN SKIP THE INITIAL SET UP AND GO TO SET UP MANUALLY THEN GO INTO PPPOE AND THEN PUT IN THE GENERIC LOGIN AND PASSWORD ONCE YOU PUT THAT IN AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OR TWO YOU HAVE CONNECTION.  

4 minutes ago, starlord2687 said:

Oh but you won't get a connection, what you have to do is go into your R2 AND THEN SKIP THE INITIAL SET UP AND GO TO SET UP MANUALLY THEN GO INTO PPPOE AND THEN PUT IN THE GENERIC LOGIN AND PASSWORD ONCE YOU PUT THAT IN AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OR TWO YOU HAVE CONNECTION.  

I don't use a Netduma router but I did all that in my router and still didn't work so I just use it in router mode.

19 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Oh ok. I thought you had a netduma  router as we are on the netduma forum lol. 

I used the R1 for a couple of years but then the wifi died on it.

Had an XR500 but had problems with it so sold it.