Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Not getting full gigabit speeds on xr1000 but on my xr700 I'm getting full speeds plus the UI is really slow to load things qos is broken reset by its self cpu is using just two cores has to using 3 cores 

The router I belive uses two cores for general day to day work and the third for packet acceleration so it wont move much. Its also a very new router, you will find maybe that speeds in the GUI will improve over time as will WAN to LAN, you didn't activate armour did you? Armor that will slow down you throughput with a slightly less powerful CPU. Your router is basically a RAX50 and they are at the mid to lower end of Netgears RAX routers, spec wise, but it should run okay but it will never be super fast, like a RAX200, or a 120. So basically it acts like a dual core 1.5Ghz 64 bit cpu with a third core for packet acceleration, its bleeding edge and like my RAX120 will take maybe 6 months to settle down with firmware updates. (I beta tested the RAX120 and that was in July 2018 its release was 2019 with lots of firmware that end users never saw and it needed a lot of work and now runs well)

All new routers are still basically betas until they are about that 6 month old, some are better than others but your router has two lots of firmware, Netgears and Netduma's so it may be bumpy but it will get there, these things take time. You will never get the full 1000Mbps over a router as there is always loss in the system some routers are faster than others as well. What are you getting right now and why did you update from the XR700 as that's a good router?. Did you set the router up with your throughput (actual speedtest) or you sync rate (what your ISP says you get?) Use the speedtest its what you get, never use the ISP sync rate one, its theoretical. Also make sure you factory reset after each update on these new routers they need it. Turn off SIP ALG in WAN as there is a very nasty vulnerability doing the rounds and I have no idea of you router is patched. https://www.theregister.com/2020/11/02/application_level_gateway_flaw/

23 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

The router I belive uses two cores for general day to day work and the third for packet acceleration so it wont move much. Its also a very new router, you will find maybe that speeds in the GUI will improve over time as will WAN to LAN, you didn't activate armour did you? Armor that will slow down you throughput with a slightly less powerful CPU. Your router is basically a RAX50 and they are at the mid to lower end of Netgears RAX routers, spec wise, but it should run okay but it will never be super fast, like a RAX200, or a 120. So basically it acts like a dual core 1.5Ghz 64 bit cpu with a third core for packet acceleration, its bleeding edge and like my RAX120 will take maybe 6 months to settle down with firmware updates. (I beta tested the RAX120 and that was in July 2018 its release was 2019 with lots of firmware that end users never saw and it needed a lot of work and now runs well)

All new routers are still basically betas until they are about that 6 month old, some are better than others but your router has two lots of firmware, Netgears and Netduma's so it may be bumpy but it will get there, these things take time. You will never get the full 1000Mbps over a router as there is always loss in the system some routers are faster than others as well. What are you getting right now and why did you update from the XR700 as that's a good router?. Did you set the router up with your throughput (actual speedtest) or you sync rate (what your ISP says you get?) Use the speedtest its what you get, never use the ISP sync rate one, its theoretical. Also make sure you factory reset after each update on these new routers they need it. Turn off SIP ALG in WAN as there is a very nasty vulnerability doing the rounds and I have no idea of you router is patched. https://www.theregister.com/2020/11/02/application_level_gateway_flaw/

i still have the xr700 i went back to it gaves me better performance  do i need to use qos on gigabit connection?

Guest Killhippie
5 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

i still have the xr700 i went back to it gaves me better performance  do i need to use qos on gigabit connection?

How many users do you have Rodney?

Guest Killhippie
3 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

16 devices

How many people not devices and what are they (devices not people) Rodney, it helps to know for how much saturation is being used on your network :)

Guest Killhippie
13 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

5 people but what devices? Are they using they taxing the network? It helps to know what the devices are.

Hi Rodney

normally if you have a gig up and down the chances are you will not saturate the connection. Of course that depends on what they are doing ie downloading files, streaming like crazy, heavy throughput usage.

3 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

5 people but what devices? Are they using they taxing the network? It helps to know what the devices are.

desktop  1 tv  laptop 5 phones 3 tablets nintendo switch  and xbox one x and soon xbox series x 

Guest Killhippie
Just now, Rodney Rosado3 said:

desktop  1 tv  laptop 5 phones 3 tablets nintendo switch  and xbox one x and soon xbox series x 

You should not need QoS with those devices, give it a try and see how you get on. Also did you factory reset the XR1000 after it updated, very important with the AX devices to do this. Hope it all works out well :)

3 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

You should not need QoS with those devices, give it a try and see how you get on. Also did you factory reset the XR1000 after it updated, very important with the AX devices to do this. Hope it all works out well :)

yes i factory reset it can fiber gigabit connection suffer buffer bloat 

Guest Killhippie
Just now, Rodney Rosado3 said:

yes i factory reset it can fiber gigabit connection suffer buffer bloat 

Bufferbloat is not that important really, your ISP can even cause bufferbloat and you cant stop that, not prevalent with fibre so much but possible as you have an ONT and a router that can introduce it. I don't use QoS at all on a copper line and my bufferboat is A and A, there is no such thing as a perfect connection be happy with what you have if its running well. :)

9 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Bufferbloat is not that important really, your ISP can even cause bufferbloat and you cant stop that, not prevalent with fibre so much but possible as you have an ONT and a router that can introduce it. I don't use QoS at all on a copper line and my bufferboat is A and A, there is no such thing as a perfect connection be happy with what you have if its running well. :)

i get a+ on dsl reports

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

i get a+ on dsl reports

I live in the UK and don't use DSL reports as its not relevant for my country really. I use Thinkbroadband which is the main one to use here as that's what my provider (IDNet) suggests, and A is the best you can get on that site. :)

5 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I live in the UK and don't use DSL reports as its not relevant for my country really. I use Thinkbroadband which is the main one to use here as that's what my provider (IDNet) suggests, and A is the best you can get on that site. :)

should i use bandwidth allocation  just leave it to default  

Guest Killhippie
4 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

should i use bandwidth allocation  just leave it to default  

Leave to default as gaming uses very little bandwidth, you can always alter it later if other devices need it or you get spikes, which I doubt you will.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Leave to default as gaming uses very little bandwidth, you can always alter it later if other devices need it or you get spikes, which I doubt you will.

connection been great drop 90 kills on shoot house thanks for advice using xr700 maybe keeping xr1000 or selling to my uncle 

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear you're happy now. I've sent you a PM with firmware to try for the XR1000. It should definitely help with the slow loading, would recommend a reset after upgrading and see if you get your speeds then.

qos takes too long to load

3 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Thanks Rodney, best let Fraser continue as I’m not clued up on the firmware you are using so unable to help. 

yea he sent me firmware to see if helped my performance i like the xr1000 but its buggy at the moment its tri core cpu  but running slow i dont get it