R2 Constantly Loses Connection

• Administrators

Probably won't help to be honest, lets put a pin in that one for now.

Just to clarify, disconnections, are they occurring wired, wireless or both?

In DHCP Settings set the lease hours to 168 and give devices reserved IP addresses as well and see if that helps please.

I tried to set a static IP under Network settings/WAN, but I couldn't get an internet connection at all after a network reboot. Maybe I did something wrong? I set my IP to my public wan IP and left the subnet and gateway the same as default. 

I have the same issue. Frequent disconnects. Wifi and LAN. Sometimes more than twice a day sometimes it’s good for a few days and happens again. I installed my nighthawk as an access point to try and not use the R2 wifi and it still happened.

I have a netgear cm700-100NAS modem > R2 > and now the nighthawk 

R2 running latest firmware. 
also set the lease hours to 168

8 hours ago, rameses said:

I have the same issue. Frequent disconnects. Wifi and LAN. Sometimes more than twice a day sometimes it’s good for a few days and happens again. I installed my nighthawk as an access point to try and not use the R2 wifi and it still happened.

I have a netgear cm700-100NAS modem > R2 > and now the nighthawk 

R2 running latest firmware. 
also set the lease hours to 168

Is the router still accessible when the connection drops? 

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is the router still accessible when the connection drops? 

Yes, I just go into the R2 app on my iPhone and reboot it that way and it works. Sometimes it takes a couple of reboots. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, leviduncan93 said:

Still no luck here either. It happened three times Monday but not at all yesterday. All devices are reserved and always have been. 

Disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and Syn Flood protection and see if that helps please.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, leviduncan93 said:

It seems to be keeping a connection fine with the R1 in front. I definitely don’t want to leave it like this, but that does seem to do the trick. 

In that case it definitely seems to be an issue with the R2 retaining/reconnection on the WAN side, we will be looking at the and someone is doing another test using a switch in front to see if that is better also.

Yea it looks like I’m going to have to switch back to the R1. Relying on this new router to run your home network doesn’t seem to be working out especially with people experiencing the disconnects during e-learning. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, rameses said:

Yea it looks like I’m going to have to switch back to the R1. Relying on this new router to run your home network doesn’t seem to be working out especially with people experiencing the disconnects during e-learning. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

I'd suggest putting the R1 infront of the R2 e.g. modem > R1 > R2 and then it should work absolutely fine while we look into it.

Even with the R2 in the R1 DMZ, I have Xbox party issues and a less stable connection overall, so I can’t leave it like that. On another note, Duma OS does have some DMZ issues on both the R1 and 2, but thats probably not for this topic. 

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, leviduncan93 said:

Even with the R2 in the R1 DMZ, I have Xbox party issues and a less stable connection overall, so I can’t leave it like that. On another note, Duma OS does have some DMZ issues on both the R1 and 2, but thats probably not for this topic. 

We are looking into the chat issues at the moment and a helpful user potentially pointed us in the right direction so fingers crossed there. If you make a new topic we can certainly look at any issues you're having with the DMZ.