R2 Constantly Loses Connection

I have had my R2 for approximately a month and it is constantly losing connection to the internet, both wired and wireless. I have to power cycle the R2 for it to work again. Firmware has been updated twice now and both times it was factory reset but the problem continues. This is getting annoying as I am working from home and every time it drops, I lose work and have to start over again because this expensive router can't seem to work properly.

Internet provider is NextLink and the R2 is connected directly to the POE (Billion Brand POE Injector) which connects directly to the radio on the roof which provides the signal. I have confirmed numerous times with NextLink that there was no interruption in service when the connection was lost with the R2.

So update.  Immediately made that change. All went well Friday evening and all day Saturday, however just had to power cycle the router because it completely dropped all connection for at least 5 minutes before the power cycle.

log-1605057645174.txt

Hello Fraser,

Please see the attached log.  Happened tonight where we COMPLETELY lost connection.  Previously it would drop, we would power cycle, and service would restore, however tonight it just completely dropped.  Power cycled the radio, and power cycled the router.  Still nothing.  Plugged in the old TP-Link router, and service restored immediately.

I spent $160 on this router and it hasn't worked properly since the day it arrived.  I need to know wtf needs to be done to get it working properly, or I need a refund / rma, because this is ridiculous.

• Administrators

Is that the whole log? I only see entries related to the Geo-Filter and nothing else. Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to .179?

Email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and we can get you a replacement or refund if you're within that window and if it's what you would prefer.

Hello Fraser,

Performed another factory reset on Wednesday. Had been going strong, with no issues, since Wednesday until about 20 minutes ago.

Yes that was the whole log.  That's all that was there when I downloaded it.  The R2 dropped service completely again about 20 minutes ago, however this time I was completely unable to even log into the DumaOS software to obtain the log.  It just would not load.  Tried it several times, on several browsers.

Please advise if theres something else i should be doing.

They can disregard the refund or replacement request as this R2 is now in pieces in my trash can. After numerous times of losing lots of work because this overly expensive piece of crap couldn't keep a connection causing me to do double the amount of work and extending my work day i have had enough.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem with my R2 that I bought a couple months ago. It’s on the latest firmware and I’ve factory reset it after both updates. It doesn’t seem to be on any sort of schedule and sometimes it will be several days without issue. Wasn’t an issue with the R1. If I unplug the R2 and don’t touch anything else on the network, it starts working fine again, so it isn’t likely on my providers side. 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, leviduncan93 said:

I have been having the same problem with my R2 that I bought a couple months ago. It’s on the latest firmware and I’ve factory reset it after both updates. It doesn’t seem to be on any sort of schedule and sometimes it will be several days without issue. Wasn’t an issue with the R1. If I unplug the R2 and don’t touch anything else on the network, it starts working fine again, so it isn’t likely on my providers side. 

How is the R2 connected to the internet - is it plugged into a pure modem or a modem/router? If the latter, if you set the R2 a static IP then that could help with the disconnections.

It’s plugged into a power over Ethernet adapter for a wireless access point, so essentially a pure modem. I don’t have any accessible settings and I had my ISP put the access point in bridge mode years ago. This is the third router I’ve used with this setup (open wrt netgear, R1, and now R2) and the only one to have this issue, at least regularly. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, leviduncan93 said:

I’m on firmware 3.0.179 and the access point is Cambium Networks C05800P062A

I can't find it on their website, can you see the one you have in the access point list? https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/product-finder/?