DHCP connection through Bridge Route on 1Gb Fibre Network

BoyFerg

Just received the R2 and have spent hours trying to connect to the Eir Fibre Network in Ireland.

On setup for DHCP it requires Client Identifier ID and Vendor Class ID, I do not have this from my ISP or find them online, can anyone help me with finding these.

The R2 is connected to the Huawei Bridge Router which is in turn connected to the ONT box, I have tried several time resetting the R2 and going through the setup with no luck. I can connect to DumaOS but don't see where I can adjust the DHCP settings to connect the router to Internet through the Huawei bridge router supplied by ISP.

Please help...

IMG-20201030-WA0011.jpeg

Edited by BoyFerg
Spelling

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you don't have it then you don't need it. Just click skip and you can go through to the interface and you should have a connection with the basic settings, if not click apply in DHCP settings and it should work.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you go to Network Settings > Network on the R2 then you can input any DHCP details you need there.

Maybe if there was an example of what I need to put and where would help as the format I see is not in the same format as I have on the supplier F2000 Router I have now.

• Administrators

It's not in the same layout but the wording/names is the same pretty much from what I remember from your picture. Really though as you're connected to the Huawei you don't need to enter anything there. Upgrade to the latest firmware here, then do a factory reset as so much has changed and go through the wizard, you should get a connection: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/?do=getNewComment

This Router is not picking up my DHCP Address. Close to returning this frustration back to you.... updated firmware, factory reset, everything you asked me to do and still not working.

16043515172563666813932046596269.jpg

On 10/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not in the same layout but the wording/names is the same pretty much from what I remember from your picture. Really though as you're connected to the Huawei you don't need to enter anything there. Upgrade to the latest firmware here, then do a factory reset as so much has changed and go through the wizard, you should get a connection: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/?do=getNewComment

Still wont connect Fraser, update firmware and reset. Router will not pick up the DHCP IP Addresses automatically and to input on start up it still asks for the identifiers for ISP, which I dont and cant get.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have a support number as we're a small company. If you access the Huawei, does it show the R2 as a connected device?

I will connect to the bridge router if I can, The ISP did give me these setting and I will try these also:

User name: PPPoe [email protected]
Broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPOE
Multiplexing: LLC Based
Authentication: CHAP

WAN IP Type: Dynamic
VPI: 8
VCI: 35

Just need direction to where to put this in the Network Setting area.

• Administrators

In that case, bypass the router because you won't need to input those details in if it was working and connect direct to the ONT if possible (if it has an ethernet connection). You can then input PPPoE in Settings > WAN > Network > PPPoE. Username and password should be enough.

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case, bypass the router because you won't need to input those details in if it was working and connect direct to the ONT if possible (if it has an ethernet connection). You can then input PPPoE in Settings > WAN > Network > PPPoE. Username and password should be enough.

The ONT does not have an Ethernet Connection, connects directly to the Huawei bridge on an Optical Cable.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I also tried that on the first day with Password and username and it didnt take it?

• Administrators

It might be worth getting optical to ethernet converter so you can connect it straight to the ONT. You wouldn't need the PPPoE details when connecting to the 5268 as it handles that already. If you access the router, does it show the R2 as a connected device?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be worth getting optical to ethernet converter so you can connect it straight to the ONT. You wouldn't need the PPPoE details when connecting to the 5268 as it handles that already. If you access the router, does it show the R2 as a connected device?

Fraser, I am reliably told by someone who is an engineer on my Network that the problem is 90% the VLan issue that others are also experiencing, you have indicated that this issue is being looked at by Dev's, can you let me know when this is being completed or will be sorted out. There is also no certainty that if I spend more on a Optical/Ethernet Adaptor that that will work and the VLan will be cured. Can you also tell me if I can return this Router and the return address as it cannot do what I bought it for, which is to replace the ISP's poor Router, not just connect to it? this is a shame as I have recommended your router to several others and one even bought before me when I told him about It, he has issues too, he had to run v3.0.150 OS and they waiting on my feedback, I cant now unfortunately. Thanks, Stuart

• Administrators

Are you referring to VPI & VCI as they are not needed. It's a bit confusing that they would indicate that is the problem given that the details they gave you that are required for a connection did not mention VLAN at all and if you don't need it then not having it wouldn't impact your ability to get a connection. Either way you can email [email protected] regarding a return. I would advise your friend to upgrade to the very latest public firmware which is more stable.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:31 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you referring to VPI & VCI as they are not needed. It's a bit confusing that they would indicate that is the problem given that the details they gave you that are required for a connection did not mention VLAN at all and if you don't need it then not having it wouldn't impact your ability to get a connection. Either way you can email [email protected] regarding a return. I would advise your friend to upgrade to the very latest public firmware which is more stable.

Please can you let me know if the VLAN10 issue for connecting this to DHCP Fibre Bridge Routers is gong to be fixed. Thanks.

• Administrators

As above, have the ISP actually given you VLAN details that you need to input. It's not a case of being fixed as we don't currently have VLAN implemented so we need to do that, we will do it but I don't have a date.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, BoyFerg said:

Hi Fraser, are there any details of having the VLAN issue on the R2 Connecting directly to the bridge router supplied by my ISP? Thanks.

We haven't implemented VLAN just yet and I don't have an estimate on that currently but I will push for it to be included asap.

• 1 month later...

HI Fraser,

Is there any update on the VLAN compatibilty with Router, if not I am going to have to return this unit and contact the support address you advised before.

Thanks

Stuart

1 hour ago, BoyFerg said:

HI Fraser,

Is there any update on the VLAN compatibilty with Router, if not I am going to have to return this unit and contact the support address you advised before.

Thanks

Stuart

Hey Stuart, unfortunately we don't have an ETA as to when we'll be able to implement it.