Devices randomly disconnecting

JoeGantic

I've had the R2 for 2 months now and just about every day I have devices disconnecting and the internet stalls while streaming. It does this on both the wifi and ethernet connections. I also have problems with streaming services stalling and restarting multiple times a day. A reboot fixes it for a short time but the problems soon return.

I've installed a firmware provided but the problems continue. Is there anything else I can do since there is no firmware update yet?

Thanks,

JoeGantic

Fraser, I'll try the reset in the off hours tonight. I gather there is no way to back up all my device names, settings etc. so I'll have to re-enter all that manually correct?

I've already set the lease hours to 168 a couple weeks ago which didn't seem to do much.

It seems to becoming more unstable as time goes on, today the router has disconnected from the internet completely twice and it's not even noon here...

JoeGantic

16 minutes ago, JoeGantic said:

I've already set the lease hours to 168 a couple weeks ago which didn't seem to do much.

It seems to becoming more unstable as time goes on, today the router has disconnected from the internet completely twice and it's not even noon here...

JoeGantic

Same here, router dips out at least 1x a day WiFi signal wise. If it's not the signal it's the Rapps erroring out forcing another restart. 

Been through a factory reset once, almost daily reboots, and the DHCP had already been set to 168. You aren't alone in this..

Unfortunately I've had to switch back to my old router. The R2 lost internet several more times just in the last hour and was beginning to seriously affect our livelihoods due to working/schooling at home...

JoeGantic