Help have to use provider gateway

I have to use our internets combo gateway, they can disable the wifi so I can use my xr500 but when playing COD my nat is always moderate... I've tried opening ports and dmz.. help if possible

Have you put the XR500 into your ISP Gateway DMZ? Im assuming that your modem is one of those combo units that is router and modem into one unit from your ISP.. If that is the case then you would take the Ip address that has been assigned to your XR500 and put that Ip address in the DMZ of your ISP gateway.. (combo unit). That usually is the easiest way.. Some of those combo units have a feature called bridge mode.. Which also should work.. But try the first option and see..

If you have done the above already and you know its done correctly look and see if you have the NAT feature in the XR500 set to Open.. And make sure UPNP is on.. That should give you an Open NAT..  If not report back and see if Netduma can help you further..

Hope that helps a bit..

Good luck!

Zippy.

Who is your ISP?  What’s the model number of your gateway? You can go on YouTube and look up your specific ISP and gateway model number and search it with pass through or bridge mode. 

you might have to turn quite a few things off and change a couple of settings before turning off the Wi-Fi settings in the gateway last so you don’t have to factory reset the gateway.  Here are examples of my particular ISP gateways and getting them to work with XR500 router.

Obviously you can tell my ISP ATT FIBER and my gateway is a BGW-210.

your specific ISP and gateway may vary.

🥸