Strict Nat type

KGoogle

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Ryanw said:

How do I add him? I have no idea how to do all that. 

Right at the bottom of this guide is steps on how to do that: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

that doesn't work, and that is actually poorly written. it says put in spectate mode, but doesnt show how to do that, and i do not see spectate mode anywhere. where is this "top of the device panel"?

After i opened my NAT type we were able to connect, i never changed my geo filter settings or anything. now, we cant connect. yet sometimes, ramdonly, it lets us join each others lobbies.

• Administrators

It's slightly out of date, hasn't been updated for 3.0, other than that is it the same process. To effectively disable the Filter while still seeing connections just toggle Filtering mode off. Then add them to the allow list and should work fine with Filtering Mode on.

Yeah I see it is out of date. There is no spectate mode. I figured it was for a previous router or something that had spectate mode. Thank you however, you have always been very helpful. I did end up figuring it out , and was able to add him and a server that was blocked keeping us from getting into games.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Ryanw said:

is there an update? and how do we know if there is an update, how do we see? i am having issues viewing my geo filter. it says the rapp is not loaded yet...

The latest is still .179 currently, we make a post in the News and Announcement section usually or on social media. Reboot the router for that message and then it will work.

thank you! that did help... however, why does it say that so often to me? it did it again later that night after i unplugged the router and plugged it back in. and today it is still saying that from last night.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Ryanw said:

What do you mean interface? I turn off all my devices (PC, ps4, etc..) every night. I have mobile phones on the wifi...

How many devices overall are connected to the router at any one time?

By interface I mean where you go to change the router settings, view the Geo-Filter etc.

4 or so devices between 2 ps4, a pc and a couple cell phones. I have my geo filter up while I'm playing. Sometimes when I take a break it's still up and I come back to play. I'll close it out when I'm not playing and see if that matters. 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Ryanw said:

4 or so devices between 2 ps4, a pc and a couple cell phones. I have my geo filter up while I'm playing. Sometimes when I take a break it's still up and I come back to play. I'll close it out when I'm not playing and see if that matters. 

Yes please, that was one of our theories that being on the interface for long periods of time might affect it so do let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I am getting packet loss all of a sudden in my games. i play COD black ops 4 blackout. idk if there is an update, looks like there isn't. why am i getting packet loss? also why does my connection to my wifi drop and act intermittent? 

9 hours ago, Ryanw said:

Hey, I am getting packet loss all of a sudden in my games. i play COD black ops 4 blackout. idk if there is an update, looks like there isn't. why am i getting packet loss? also why does my connection to my wifi drop and act intermittent? 

Is this happening across multiple different servers or is it limited to one? Can you try force a different server and see if the issue persists?

Do you have QoS enabled? How is it configured?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ryanw said:

This has been happening across most servers from what I've noticed. And QoS is set up and I have gaming set higher then the rest. 

Where are you seeing the packet loss exactly - in the game menu or on the Geo-Filter? What WiFi settings are you using?

In the game network settings. Once I get into a lobby I check my ping and that's where I see it. What do you mean my wifi settings? It's wifi. I haven't had these issues before. They're recent issues. I'll be watching a video on twitch or YouTube and it'll randomly just stop and lag. 

• Administrators

Understood, that may actually be on the server side rather than on your side. If you force different servers perhaps closer or even slightly further away do you get it in every game? In the R2 WiFi settings have you changed anything there or is it all default? 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Ryanw said:

The wifi settings should just be default. I get packet loss in almost every game. Sometimes it's way up at 30% other times it fluctuates from 2-10% and into the teens. 

Do you play games via ethernet or are they via WiFi? Where is your R2 placed in the home, are there electrical devices/wireless devices (e.g. wireless headphones) or even a microwave in close proximity to it?

• Administrators

I don't know the layout so couldn't say exactly, if there is an area of 3 feet between the router and devices that should be good. Could you follow this guide please and post the results? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping If possible do it when nothing is using the internet.

• 1 month later...

I have denied a server through my geo filter... and i am still getting put into it. i bought the router so i wouldnt get bad lobbies. why am i still getting into the lobby when i have denied it and it is on my deny list?