Hybrid VPN issues

Kingpin

I have my router all setup and have VPN through HideMyAss and when I sign into my account via the DUMAOS...I put my information in and it just says connecting at the bottom and nothing happens. Tried resetting router. Sign in sign out and no luck. Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I seem to come into these conversations well after they originally took place, though this is the right place for the subject to sit!

So; I use HMA on the R2 and have just noticed that there are many servers listed in the UK and all over the planet, that I should be able to use, though they are listed by City and a UDP or TCP protocol extension, neither of which work. There are servers that have no extensions and are listed only by their country code ie UK for the UK. These do work, and have a further option for cities once selected, in the case of the UK the options are: London, and Glasgow. Here is my question (finally!), can I use the many other servers, or is there something I am missing?

It seems to me that I am missing out on some really good servers that could give me a better connection, for instance when I test my internet speed via maidenhead IOLO; I get the best ping and speed of any of the other available servers.

Just hope you could shine some light on this.

p.s. Just thought I should add that HMA use a "IPsec password" and username password that isn't your logon password that needs to be used to get the Basic Hybrid VPN interface to work. It took me ages to find any reference to this anywhere!

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mrbchambers said:

I seem to come into these conversations well after they originally took place, though this is the right place for the subject to sit!

So; I use HMA on the R2 and have just noticed that there are many servers listed in the UK and all over the planet, that I should be able to use, though they are listed by City and a UDP or TCP protocol extension, neither of which work. There are servers that have no extensions and are listed only by their country code ie UK for the UK. These do work, and have a further option for cities once selected, in the case of the UK the options are: London, and Glasgow. Here is my question (finally!), can I use the many other servers, or is there something I am missing?

It seems to me that I am missing out on some really good servers that could give me a better connection, for instance when I test my internet speed via maidenhead IOLO; I get the best ping and speed of any of the other available servers.

Just hope you could shine some light on this.

p.s. Just thought I should add that HMA use a "IPsec password" and username password that isn't your logon password that needs to be used to get the Basic Hybrid VPN interface to work. It took me ages to find any reference to this anywhere!

So we have realized that quite a few of the servers listed need to be updated so we will be doing that shortly - we can do it over the cloud so it won't require a firmware update. In the mean time you can use the servers you identified as working or you can get the configuration files for the specific servers you want and enter that into the advanced section instead. Thanks for the heads up on the VPN password!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys know why I can't join Playstation Network when I use A VPN? it's really weird, in that it says I'm connected but fails the test when I test the network, and games like Cold War say I need to have access to PSN to play.

Any help, as always would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

Do you guys know why I can't join Playstation Network when I use A VPN? it's really weird, in that it says I'm connected but fails the test when I test the network, and games like Cold War say I need to have access to PSN to play.

Any help, as always would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely that PSN have blocked that specific VPN server, try another server or if it keeps happening then another VPN provider