Requests for enhancement ideas on Game Optimiser

Hey guys,

Starting a thread to get specific feedback on things you would like to see in the product, across both functionality and UX improvements. Not looking for bugs but changes/additions you would like to have access to. 

This will help us prioritize the backlog of enhancements we are currently curating for future releases. 

Thanks!

I'll start - I want a dark theme. 

I'm not sure if this is more of an actual modem software feature but I'd love the ability to be able to set a custom DNS server, I know the actual modem software technically lets you do this however it's a predefined list. 

I'd also like to see more analytics in the connection benchmark, maybe a graph that pings a server (e.g. Telstra DNS) every minute or so in order to be able to see the stability of your connection. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Johnny2 said:

I'm not sure if this is more of an actual modem software feature but I'd love the ability to be able to set a custom DNS server, I know the actual modem software technically lets you do this however it's a predefined list. 

I'd also like to see more analytics in the connection benchmark, maybe a graph that pings a server (e.g. Telstra DNS) every minute or so in order to be able to see the stability of your connection. 

Just to touch on your second point, you can create a schedule for benchmark to run according to the schedule you would prefer.

• Fix browsing to modem GUI on a mobile device, it's almost unusable (S10 5G (Telstra network of course!!))
  • Custom DNS
  • More info (call out / help icon) on what size is limited when adding Adblocker lists/files, have discovered anything over 20mb(ish) it'll crash the router :(
  • Making the GUI more functional on small-sized screens (I am using a Surface Pro 7 and it took me a while to find out I had to scroll down to find the custom lists section in the Adblocker app)
  • Ability to disable the 'apps' not used, I am only using DumaOS because of the Adblocker app/function - disabling apps could free up space for bigger Adblocker lists etc.

10 hours ago, Cameron said:

LH1000 feature request (if technically possible, would love to know if it is if anybody knows please): ability for router to change channels (via auto mode) without disconnecting devices

I think that happens on any modem if you change wifi channels?

• Administrators
On 10/15/2020 at 7:33 AM, Hsimah said:
  • Fix browsing to modem GUI on a mobile device, it's almost unusable (S10 5G (Telstra network of course!!))
  • Custom DNS
  • More info (call out / help icon) on what size is limited when adding Adblocker lists/files, have discovered anything over 20mb(ish) it'll crash the router :(
  • Making the GUI more functional on small-sized screens (I am using a Surface Pro 7 and it took me a while to find out I had to scroll down to find the custom lists section in the Adblocker app)
  • Ability to disable the 'apps' not used, I am only using DumaOS because of the Adblocker app/function - disabling apps could free up space for bigger Adblocker lists etc.
  • We have a mobile app is being updated for Telstra users shortly.
  • Good idea
  • I'm speaking with the devs about this one at the moment.
  • How big is the SP7 screen?
  • We do have the functionality to allow that to happen but not yet available to use so will likely come in future

Thanks for the suggestions!

On 10/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:
  • We have a mobile app is being updated for Telstra users shortly.
  • Good idea
  • I'm speaking with the devs about this one at the moment.
  • How big is the SP7 screen?
  • We do have the functionality to allow that to happen but not yet available to use so will likely come in future

Thanks for the suggestions!

SP7 specs below.

Screen: 12.3” PixelSense™ Display Resolution: 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI) Aspect ratio: 3:2

• Show longer CPU % history, maybe of past 30 minutes or so? It only seems to show from the exact moment the widget loads. (LH1000 Alpha Build) 
  • On 10/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, Hsimah said:

Me again 🤣

- don't push DumaOS updates during the day, can these be done early morning? Unless I was just unlucky and received an update during the day

Is this the new beta build for the LH1000? 

On 10/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Cameron said:
  • Show longer CPU % history, maybe of past 30 minutes or so? It only seems to show from the exact moment the widget loads. (LH1000 Alpha Build) 
  • Is this the new beta build for the LH1000? 

Nah I'm on a DJA0231 however have some LH1000's that I'd be happy to test with DumaOS