Duma 3.0 R1

Sockomania

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Grimmund said:

Any chance I can get access as well? I signed up for the beta last summer and have been excited to try the new geofilter features.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

You now have access, enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Fr

Fraser..........................I have added a Linksys router -WRT1900ACS  to my network as an access point to extend the range of wifi and act as a switch router.......... the default address is 192.168.1.1............ a Linksys tech had me configure the routers address as 192.168.88.100.  Configuration of Linksys andsnapshot of DumaOS device manager  is as shown in pictures below.

The Linksys shows offline .............. is this the correct configuration?  I would think that the Linksys would show as a connection with the devices that are attached to it a in a tree after it when the devices are active.?.

Since upgrading the R1 to the DumaOS  v3.0.207 the Device monitor has shown active devices in the tree moving from inactive to active switching back and forth......... is this normal with the 3.0?

457249766_Webcapture_30-8-2021_115346_192_168_88_100.thumb.jpeg.ec833a9592b649b8a399023959d6373b.jpeg

image000000.jpg

• Administrators

So the AP appears transparent to the router that's why it shows as offline and devices connected to the AP will appear as though they are directly connected to the R1. Online/offline switching will be fixed for the next version

But.............. shouldn't the online device tree be shown "beneath" the Linksys? Is the 88 entry in the third segment of the IP address instead of  .1 a factor as to DumaOS seeing it as shown in the illustration I provided?

• Administrators

No it won't appear that way as it's transparent to the router so the router can't really see it. Devices connected to the AP appear as though they're connected direct to the R1 so you can apply settings direct to those devices which is the desired outcome

Hi Fraser. Can I ask, do you think that using the Netduma R1 with DumaOS 3.0 and using the XR500 in AP Mode will be better since I'll have additional features such as Adblocker and faster fixes and stability to any issues?
Or are there some added benefits in the XR500 that makes it a better router than the R1 such as maybe better dealings with simultaneous packets perhaps? And thus, I should stick to making the XR500 the default router instead?

If it's the first option, can I give the R1 the Beta 3.0 firmware as well? For some reason, I can no longer access the Coal Mine beta part of the forum anymore.

If you're not experiencing any particular issues with the XR500 then I'd suggest keeping it as the main router just because of it's superior hardware. However, for users that may be experiencing problems we've suggest that they use the XR500 as an AP in the past if they've already got a DumaOS powered router.

There's no harm in trying to out though, the latest DumaOS 3.0 firmware for the R1 can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4kcynmo3glplp/DumaOS-R1-3.0.207.sig?dl=0

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it won't appear that way as it's transparent to the router so the router can't really see it. Devices connected to the AP appear as though they're connected direct to the R1 so you can apply settings direct to those devices which is the desired outcome

Frase............... shouldn't a wireless device that is active show under as active under the wireless tree?..... or is that feature to be a feature for the next update?

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, DonB_tn said:

Frase............... shouldn't a wireless device that is active show under as active under the wireless tree?..... or is that feature to be a feature for the next update?

It should appear as online yes - is this connected to the Linksys? If so it doesn't actually look like it's in AP mode from your screenshot which would explain it

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should appear as online yes - is this connected to the Linksys? If so it doesn't actually look like it's in AP mode from your screenshot which would explain it

The linksys is in bridge mode................ should it be in bridge or as a static as a static ip address?