wifi issues

Vroomfondel1965

After Fraser sent me a new build to improve with the wifi ,it sucked, I reverted to the previous build, it still sucked. From a 550/36 d/u I was getting mid teens for both with wired connection showing full speed. I tried again to see if I was doing something wrong, I upgraded/downgraded a few times then got locked out .I reset via the pinhole and now the wifi speed is in the 150 area, not brilliant but a massive leap. I may try the newer build and reset the same way if I get time. I did factory reset by the soft buttons btw previous to the hard reset via the pinhole reset.

Quite a few of us reset following a firmware change. 

if possible go to the App Store and look for WiFi Sweetspots. The app will show your connection rate to the router. It’s handy to see what’s going on and to map the property too.

12 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Quite a few of us reset following a firmware change. 

if possible go to the App Store and look for WiFi Sweetspots. The app will show your connection rate to the router. It’s handy to see what’s going on and to map the property too.

Reset after changing the firmware?

8 hours ago, Squidid said:

Reset after changing the firmware?

Yes, it’s clears the NVram of old code. You can get away with not resetting but if you notice an issue a reset is a good starting point. I always reset after a firmware update either on the R2 or my AX router. 

The reason I posted, obviously not very clearly, was to say that I had done the factory resets after installing the firmware but it was only when the R2 wouldn't let me access it that I had to reset with the pinhole button and that made the difference.