Hello, I recently started having issues with my xr500, where the Eth1-Eth4 lights went from white, to orange. I noticed when they turn orange, they stay orange until I turn the router off/on. When the light is orange I notice I get really slow download speeds. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed, I tried looking prior to making this thread. 

I just did a speedtest through my iphone and my speeds are what they should be. download 400 and upload 20. When i do a speedtest on my MAC, that's hard wired to my xr500, I get about 70 download and 20 upload :(

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Steve said:

I just did a speedtest through my iphone and my speeds are what they should be. download 400 and upload 20. When i do a speedtest on my MAC, that's hard wired to my xr500, I get about 70 download and 20 upload :(

If you try the one of the same cables that you're connected to the XR with and connect it to your Mac direct to your modem what speeds do you get?

Ok so just connected the exact cable that was in my mac to my router and connected it from my mac to my modem and I got about 320 download and 20 upload. So about the speeds I should be getting. Atleast we know this is issue is coming from my router and not my internet right?

Also, as i reconnected the cable to my mac and router, the light turned white and I am getting normal speeds. But I know thats only for a short period of time then itll turn orange again. 

• Administrators

Okay interesting, thank you for trying that. Does it happen at the same time every day or after a certain amount of time at all? When it next happens could you note what was happening on the network and also look in the log file for entries around that time please?

Ok, as soon as it turns orange again I will check that out. I have a few TVS, playstation, Security cameras (ring and arlo), alexa, and my cell phone connected to the network. Speaking of which, my Arlo security camera and PS2 are also both hard wires to the router. Those 2 are always amber. Is that normal?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Steve said:

Ok, as soon as it turns orange again I will check that out. I have a few TVS, playstation, Security cameras (ring and arlo), alexa, and my cell phone connected to the network. Speaking of which, my Arlo security camera and PS2 are also both hard wires to the router. Those 2 are always amber. Is that normal?

Great thank you. I believe for those two it is normal, they're not able to achieve above 100Mbps.

orange asDASSADSAASDSASADASDAS

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thank you. I believe for those two it is normal, they're not able to achieve above 100Mbps.

So just turned orange again, here's a photo of my most recent log. I removed my ip address n mac address.

image.thumb.png.0b3abeb39b22dacd2e7ec5b33a25d069.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The only thing there that I could see affecting it is possibly IPv6. Disable this both in LAN and WAN and see if that helps.

Where's the ipv6 in LAN and WAN? I only see it in advanced settings and it shows "Internet connection type:disabled"

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great that's disabled fully. Could you try the 3.0 beta please and see if that resolves it? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Latest-firmware-download/td-p/1976833/jump-to/first-unread-message

I clicked download. I tried opening it on my comp and it says image not recognized? Not sure if its a different download for a MAC? Or how can i verify if I downloaded it correctly?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Steve said:

I clicked download. I tried opening it on my comp and it says image not recognized? Not sure if its a different download for a MAC? Or how can i verify if I downloaded it correctly?

You have to extract the .img file from the zip and then you upload it on the router interface in Settings > Administration

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You have to extract the .img file from the zip and then you upload it on the router interface in Settings > Administration

Got it, thank you. Up top it shows 3.0 beta so I'm good. Ill see how this goes. Any other recommendations if this doesn't work? Or do you think is it defective? 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Steve said:

Got it, thank you. Up top it shows 3.0 beta so I'm good. Ill see how this goes. Any other recommendations if this doesn't work? Or do you think is it defective? 

If it doesn't work then it is possibly a firmware issue, we can look into it to say either way.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it doesn't work then it is possibly a firmware issue, we can look into it to say either way.

Cool, thank you, will let you know by the end of the day how it goes.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:15 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I have let our team know so we can look into it. Do you have any other ethernet cables that you can try as usually that is the cause.

Quick update, it might have been the ethernet cable. I changed it yesterday morning and haven't had an issue! I was using a cat 7 Gold tip.Not sure if you've ever experienced these issues with that ethernet before??