Always Connected to the Servers and Players Outside of the Geo-Filter

Sameer

So far I remember, I'm always connected to the dedicated servers in Poland. Is there no servers closer to the UK or within the UK?

Even when I set Ping Assist to 0, i'm still getting connected outside of my geo-filter. 

The Ping-Heatmap also displays there is a server available in the UK with less than 20ms ping, yet I'm always connected to server in Poland which has around 70ms ping.

Also, I always have a playe icon sitting right off the cost Ghana. 

I'm not sure if its just a mis-located servers and players or the geo-filter itself is not filtering out properly even with the 'Strict Mode' On.

I've attached screenshot for the reference.

geo-filter.png

ping heatmap.JPG

• Administrators

The server outside your radius has been whitelisted which means it is required for online play. It has nothing to do with the game server or game ping. The peer icon within your radius is the server that you are playing on so it is likely a low ping. Would also suggest in the Device Manager giving the PC a PlayStation device type and then re-adding it to the Geo-Filter with the manual option, should give you better filtering.

I did put my PC as a PS4 console. But I dont think it made a huge difference. I have reverted back to PC as a Computer device. Its working normal. I'm able to filter my connection.

Also, @Fraser, if you look at the 1st screenshot I added, there is a huge player symbol on the south side of Ghana. What's that? It seems to be always there. 🤔

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Sameer said:

I did put my PC as a PS4 console. But I dont think it made a huge difference. I have reverted back to PC as a Computer device. Its working normal. I'm able to filter my connection.

Also, @Fraser, if you look at the 1st screenshot I added, there is a huge player symbol on the south side of Ghana. What's that? It seems to be always there. 🤔

It is an anomaly, something that would take longer to fix than its worth. It won't affect your ability to filter or connection so you can ignore it.