Geo filtering

Tmtmulisha

Can you explain if I did something wrong I used geo fencing and still got a game outside of the area. Second anytime my friend tries to join the the party I have to go into spectating mode to get him to join then go into filtering is this the right steps?

7AD45B7B-2EF8-48FA-9C92-FDEFC5483E0F.jpeg

Is your friend inside your geo fencing? If he or she is outside your geo fencing then I do believe you have to allow them.. Does your friend pop up on the map? If so click on there icon and allow them once and try that... Im not an avid Geo user so someone else maybe able to chime in and help better..

Good luck!

Zippy.

No worries. Wish I could have been more help.. But ive experienced the same also when I have a few friends join my party. Sometimes it works decent and then sometimes it just doesnt. So i end up doing the same as you and go into spectating mode. Which of course isnt ideal.. Thus why I dont use the Geo to often with friends. It becomes a to much of a hassle.. So far though when im alone it seems to work pretty good. And I always stay within the range I set or the servers I want.. But I do much rather game with friends because thats where the fun is at.. 👍

Maybe Fraser will chime in to help give you a few pointers

Good luck!

Zippy.

11 hours ago, Tmtmulisha said:

Can you explain if I did something wrong I used geo fencing and still got a game outside of the area. Second anytime my friend tries to join the the party I have to go into spectating mode to get him to join then go into filtering is this the right steps?

7AD45B7B-2EF8-48FA-9C92-FDEFC5483E0F.jpeg

Hi!

As a first piece of advice, tell him that for the geographical area he lives in I would use the circle mode instead of the polygon mode, in that area several servers are shown, he will find a better game and do not rule out trying them, he has them nearby and sure that the ping is good and in case If you do not like any of them, you have the option to deny it so as not to rejoin it.

As a second tip, once you have the circle mode put the location between you and your friend and establish a radius of about 1000km so you will cover the east coast in your part and you can take advantage of all the servers in that radius (as I said before, If someone does not like the gameplay, they only have to block it) Also so you will have your friend within the radius and it will give you less connectivity problems. (In case of using the polygon mode, I advise you to cover the area that I told you.)

And the third one regarding the problems with the psn audio groups and this may also apply to Zippy.
In general, having your partner allowed or within your radio there are usually no problems or there shouldn't be, but on some occasions when people enter the audio their speakers flicker as if they could not establish a connection with them. For the audio groups, yes or yes, you have to use the Psn servers, in fact if they notice when someone joins and gives problems, in the upper part of the west coast of the USA there are servers (usually sera with triangle) are of Psn. These should be (I think) all allowed by DumaOS, in fact it is like that, but Psn also uses other servers to host those audios, such as amazon, such servers as is logical and being random they are not allowed, so which usually gives problems when making audio groups. The first option to avoid this is that when you create the audio group or join the other person later, you have to have the geofilter deactivated, so there will be no restriction that prevents you from connecting, the other option is if you use the mode poligo, locate the servers that I tell them and draw a rectangle on them.

I imagine you were wondering, wouldn't it be easier to allow the server once the group has been cast for future occasions?
As I said it is random, surely when they create another audio group it will host them on another server and it will not work, although well, after adding one every day and after 2 years the same thing gets to add all hahahaha 😅😅

psn.thumb.png.e8217a0b597c314af87d6972c4b07b70.png

In yellow the location of the Psn servers

13 minutes ago, Tmtmulisha said:

Wow thank you so much for taking the time to type all that. I will try it today I can not express how good of an experience this has been. I just feel bad asking so many questions. Thanks for the responses.

Do not feel bad man, that's what the forum and the community are for, nobody is born knowing and asking is how you learn, feel free to ask as many questions as you need to solve that surely a member of the Netduma team as any member of the forum will be willing to help you.
A greeting!

When you go online in Cod if you look at the geofilter it will show you all the Cod servers for a short period of time there you will be able to better locate the servers that you have closer to you